Giro d'Italia New World

It may get ridden more than anticipated.
My first year, I thought Richmond was boring and a waste of time.
My second year, I was climbing hills to get the Tron bike so again, there was no point in Richmond.
This past year I started riding Richmond in races and social rides with an “end sprint”.
I really like it now.
Richmond and the original Flat Watopia route are my favorites now.

2 Likes

Well we know where that $120 M is going :joy: I hope the ASO, RCS and UCI enjoy it.

2 Likes

i rode this yesterday. i am now a fan!

a few things:

• the world choice was watopia and innsbruck, so this was in effect a third world option
  • it was a race, but at the “E” level (which i think is everyone)
  • no one was in a workout
  • you can ride “out and back” as many times as you want
  • out and back wasn’t super interesting, but having it as a race made that less of a problem

at first i didn’t think a small, separate world made sense, but if they keep it as a third “event” world, i think they’re on to something. even though they rolled out “world choice” to have only 2 choices, i think this is really what they were setting up for – two freeride choices and as many event choices as they want.

there were 2 groups on the course when i rode it, and they were both about 300 people each across many ability levels – and NO ONE was in a workout. that’s a nice size, and now you aren’t riding alone. plus, you don’t have to know your category, you can just go ride it hard and see where you place!

1 Like

I hope they expand it. It was annoying to ride it then have to quit to go to new roads.