Generic 2x power setting for powermeters that read 1/2

(Alex Chejlyk) #1

Hello,

I have a Watteam Powerbeat Single. It only shows half power. I understand that this is an issue that is currently being worked on and it is an issue that your team has to address with several different brands of power meters. I have a suggestion. Why not allow a user to double the power via a setting? This would address all of the 1/2 power readings. Less coding for your team, more happy Zwifters.

Thank you,

Alex C.

(Nigel Doyle) #2

Mmmm, could be creating more problems than it solves i.e. more opportunities for people to cheat.

BTW no problems with my 4iiii left hand side only power meter.

(Alex Chejlyk) #3

True, some people will cheat but that is on them. They are only cheating themselves.  Zwift could add a race disqualifier clause for the people who have enabled the double power .Another possibility is the coders add a subroutine that accesses a flat file or db for certain power meters and doubles their number. Many ways to do it.  I have a 4iii on one bike, it is fine. I have a PowerBeat on another bike, it is 1/2 power. I have a Favero Assiomo on another bike, it reads half. I have a Power Tap, it reads fine. So half of my  devices work properly. I’m lucky because I have choices, others do not and will be stuck waiting until a patch comes along.