Garmin Sync - Missing Training Effect, Etc

ErgIQ is the better option for rowing as you will have the correct data from rowing and identical as the PM5.

For Zwift, it’s really depending what you look for. There are arguments for one solution or another, but to me double recording to then do the merge with FFRT is the most complete solution.

Fantastic. I definitely want the most complete. I really appreciate the help. You’ve likely saved me a lot of time and effort.

1 Like

Most welcome!! Enjoy your data :grin:

Looks like the Epix is not on the compatibility list for ErgIQ. FFRT, I’m getting a malicious macro blocker in access. I even changed the trust center setting to enable all macros.

UPDATE. I got FFRT working. Make sure to add the installation folder (Documents\FitFileRepairTool) to the trusted locations. So all good with Zwift.

I e-mailed the dev for EgrIQ to see if Epix is on the roadmap.

Oh no about ErgIQ! Concept2 was a bit delayed to update it for the Fenix 7 but hopefully they will update it for Epix also !!

OK good for FFRT. I have installed it for so long I can’t remember all the steps needed but can confirm there is no issues using it (Access DB). It’s straight forward: Tab “Indoor activities” then “Quick merge” :slight_smile:

Yup, it was easy peasy. Fingers crossed on the ErgIQ. The Indoor Row activity works for now.

1 Like

Great!!!:top::top::top:

Fingers crossed too!!

Does the new update that allows Training Effect to sync from Zwift change anything?

Reference:Youtube

Can FFRT also take the speed from Zwift and overwrite the Garmin speed?

Yes it can! FFRT can change 99% of everything

As far as I can notice, if you want the proper stats, you need to record with your Garmin device… I have never seen anything working properly while using only Zwift…

I don’t think you are right. You can get Training Effect from Zwift to show up in Garmin without double recording. Here’s my ride from yesterday:

What you do have to do is resync Garmin Connect with your device afterwards. The training effect calculation is done on the Garmin device so won’t show up properly in Connect if you don’t re-sync and allow the device to update it.

(I have a Garmin Fenix 7x)

1 Like

So the only data missing if using Zwift direct sync seems to be the Performance Status, Respiration Rate and Temperature. Every other metric like training status, load and primary benefit is calculated after resyncing the device.

I dual record, so i don’t know for sure, but i doubt that Zwift records things such as pedal dynamics, run dynamics and CIQ data items such as output from Stryd, for example.

It also doesn’t record effort for time spent warming up in the start pen. So, if you want all available metrics and your total effort recorded i think dual recording is the way to go.

1 Like

Hi, step by step please :wink: Do you record activity on both devices or only in Zwift? I use Epix Pro gen2 as heart rate monitor for zwift ( only send the pulse ) , and Tacx Flux. Should I just synchronize the watch that sent the heart rate (without activity registration) after training ?Noo… with activity Smart Trainer on watch… correct ? But then I have two I’m confused as to how to do it :wink: ( Sorry for the question, I’m just starting my adventure with Zwift and the trainer

Never mind, I acquired FFRT and that was it. cool thing… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

This syncand everything works flawlessly for me and I have all metrics and data synced with Garmin Connect like a breeze. Except for Recovery time - that bugger is missing.

I got TE, load, everything, but Recovery time isn’t showing up. Any ideas?

Deep you have device connection issues when dual recording? I have a Hub One and dual recording on Zwift in an iPad (BLE) and a Garmin Edge 840 (ANT+). About every few days I have device connection issues. I’ve gotten in they habit of either leaving my phone upstairs or, for social rides when using the companion, turn off Bluetooth on my phone.

Tonight the connection issues were really bad. All I can think of is that my family was right above me with several devices that have Bluetooth enabled.

Getting really annoyed about the connection issues. Being the only BL connection in the house just isn’t feasible.

I mostly use a PC or laptop with ANT+ for ride and run on Zwift and I’ve been doing that since the end of 2015. No connection issues in all that time whilst dual recording with Garmin Fenix or Epix watches.

When I have used a tablet (Samsung) and been forced to use Bluetooth I have run into connection problems, but that was when I was using Virtual Run on the watch and broadcasting data from the watch to Zwift. That operation was a bit flaky and I’ve abandoned it for exclusively laptop and ANT+ (FEC}.

I do remember one occasion when running using the tablet and my HRM was dropping at regular, frequent intervals. I suspect the problem was interference from next door’s microwave pulsing on and off. I also think the HRM needed a fresh battery at the time. It was a one-off, but worth a mention in case it’s relevant to your situation.

But, basically, zero problems for me with dual recording using ANT+. FWIW my trainer is a Tacx Neo 2, before which, Tacx Neo OG, Tack Neo 2017 and another Tacx Neo 2. When I run I use Stryd. Chest straps are multiple (not at the same time) - Garmin, Polar, Wahoo, Fourth Frontier and MyZone.

1 Like