Garmin Speed and Cadence Sensor 2 - Pairing Issue

Hi all.

Same issue here! I’ve just received my Garmin Cadence and Speed sensor 2 and I can’t sync both via Bluetooth at the same time using Windows. I tried using Zwift Companion Bluetooth sync option but in that case no sensors appear. However, everything works fine just using the game in my iPhone 11. It’s like the game has been updated for using those sensors together but only on iOS

I couldn’t try ANT+ since I don’t have any USB stick. I can use just Bluetooth pairing.

Thank you!

Not sure if this is helpful: but notice the instructions to Stay 10 m (33 ft.) away from other wireless sensors while pairing. and * If available, pair the sensor using ANT‍+ technology.

Pairing the Sensors with Your Device

The first time you connect a wireless sensor to your device using ANT‍+® or Bluetooth® technology, you must pair the device and sensor. After they are paired, the device connects to the sensor automatically when you start an activity and the sensor is active and within range.

NOTE: The pairing instructions differ for each Garmin® compatible device. See your owner’s manual.

• Bring the Garmin compatible device within 3 m (10 ft.) of the sensor.
  • Stay 10 m (33 ft.) away from other wireless sensors while pairing.
  • Rotate the crank arm or wheel two revolutions to wake up the sensor.The LED flashes green for five seconds to indicate activity. The LED flashes red to indicate a low battery level.
  • If available, pair the sensor using ANT‍+ technology.

NOTE: The sensor can pair with up to two Bluetooth devices and any number of ANT‍+ devices.

After you pair the first time, your Garmin compatible device automatically recognizes the wireless sensor each time it is activated.

Hi Mike. Thank you for your response

I tried it but it doesn’t work. Sensors work perfectly fine on my iPhone. Nevertheless, Zwift can’t sync with them on Windows. Cadence sensor usually syncs but never along with the speed one. And if I tried to use Zwift Companion they just don’t appear on my phone and Companion says that I have to sync them on Zwift Windows

1 Like

Me pasa lo mismo, consiguió solucionarlo?

Hi guys any news about pairing and use 2 bluetooth sensors in the same time?

Matthew doesn’t this mean that the cadence showing in Zwift is inaccurate? I run a dumb trainer with a speed sensor, and I have purchased also a cadence sensor because Zwift was doing a calculation of cadence which was way out compared to the reality (on my watch).

Thanks
mark

I have the same problem as everybody else at the moment I’m running it through my Android phone phone. Has anybody got a proper solution to this. Whenever I contact zwift they pretty much told me it’s my end at the problem is and not theirs. How can this be so when everybody else is having exactly the same problem.

1 Like

Hi,
I just bought the Speed and Cadence Sensor 2.
I am having a problem with the Cadence sensor. It doesn’t register anything above approx 65 RPM regardless of how much I pedal.
Anyone had a problem with this and any way to fix it?

I have Garmin Speed and Cadence Sensor 2. They pair and work fine with my Garmin Vivoactive watch. They pair with my Android tablet via BLE. Zwift sees them but shows zero speed and zero cadence.

1 Like

I have the same issue.

Good day Zwifters, I had the same issue and it was troubling me that I have both the garmin speed and cadence sensor 2 but not able to the see my cadence. I was relying on my garmin 820 for cadence.

After waiting for support without a response I discovered that my Android phone has ANT+ and so I enabled it and decided to pair both the speed and cadence sensor via ANT+ instead bluetooth. There I was, speed and cadence recording and I was enjoying myself on the game simulating my real cadence instead of that creepy unreal cadence you get without cadence sensor connected.

Summary: if your phone has ANT+, use it to pair sensors instead of bluetooth. (Tested on garmin speed and cadence sensor 2 with Android phone)

Thank you very much

1 Like

Having the same issue pairing the garmin speed sensor and cadence sensor 2 to a macbook air via bluetooth. Both are shown to pair when launching the app but the cadence bears little resemblance to what’s actually happening. Is the solution ANT+?

Hi all,

Beginning just this past week, I have started having similar issues with Garmin Speed Sensor 2 connecting to Zwift Companion App.

I have been using the Garmin Speed Sensor 2 and Cadence Sensor 2 along with the Wahoo TICKR on a Cycleops Fluid 2 trainer since October 2019 without any major connectivity issues – just the odd minor Bluetooth pairing issue easily resolved by turning Bluetooth on and off. I use an iPhone XR to connect all three devices via the Companion App.

As of this week, I can no longer connect the Speed Sensor 2 to Zwift via the Companion App. The TICKR and Cadence Sensor both connect but the Speed Sensor displays “No Signal”. If I don’t use the Companion App, and only connect through the Apple TV, I can connect the Speed Sensor and one other device (either Cadence or HR) but not both obviously because Apple TV only allows two Bluetooth connections. My iPhone is able to connect with all three devices via Bluetooth at the same time and batteries have been replaced in all three recently.

Again, not sure what has changed recently to cause this issue – possible update with the Companion App?

Any suggestions/help much appreciated. Would be great to be able to connect all three devices again like I have been!

Hi @Drew_Piticco, there hasn’t been a companion app update since early May, so it is unlikely that your new issue was caused by a Zwift update. Something else must have changed that is now causing the speed and cadence sensors to interfere with each other.

I think I heard someone else solve this by realizing their iphone was grabbing the signal so that the companion app or Apple TV couldn’t access it. Make sure the phone isn’t connecting to the sensors first before starting up Zwift.

1 Like

Thanks for such a quick response @Mike_Rowe_PBR. I just tried your suggestion but unfortunately with no luck. I left the iPhone Bluetooth off and was able to connect all three devices (although only two at a time) using the Apple TV - strong signals across the board from Speed Sensor, Cadence Sensor and TICKR. As soon as I try to boot up the companion app I lose the signal to the Speed Sensor and can only get a reliable signal from the Cadence and TICKR. Ultimately I do need the Bluetooth on the iPhone to be activated so the Companion App can see them right? Is there something I can do on the iPhone end? Thanks again - much appreciated.

I have the same.

I have the same issue. Just bought Garmin speed cadence sensors 2 which connect strongly through Bluetooth to my Zwift application. Speed sensor works but RPMs are not increasing proportional to wheel spin speed. Alternatively, if I connect the cadence sensor first, the speed does not register (RPMs work but Avatar does not move). Has there been any solution to this?

I have the Garmin cadence sensor 2 and it won’t pair at all. It did when I first bought it but Zwift updated and that was the end of it.

Having issue now; worked yesterday, but Cadence will work, no speed sensor even though it says paired. Both are paired to Venu, both devices show “green” when pairing, but I just sit on the edge of the road…it’s crazy because worked as advertised yesterday…perhaps Zwift update has created issues…

I have Garmin Speed and Cadence Sensor 2
And have the same issue. Zwift are you reading this forum, can you creat an update which will correct this issue??

1 Like