Game update v 1.71 [August 2024]

H Zwifters

The phased release of Zwift game version 1.71 begins today for macOS / Windows / Android devices.
Phased rollout to iOS / tvOS devices begins tomorrow.

• Five new short and effective workouts to the New Workouts Collection to get your heart pumping in no time are coming August 8th! These are shorter versions of the workouts from the Fitness Jumpstart collection.
  • Runners have new badges to bag, including two new routes: Titans Run and Epic Run! Please note the new run routes will not be available in the Zwift Companion App until the release has fully rolled out.
  • Previously cycling-only routes now have run badges to earn: Hilly Route Reverse Run, Champ Elysees Run, Lutece Express Run, Cobbled Climbs Run, Queens Highway Run, Mech Isle Loop Run, Glasgow Crit Circuit Run, Loch Loop Run. Please note the new run routes will not be available in the Zwift Companion App until the release has fully rolled out.
  • Your selected Zwift challenge (Everest, California, or Italy) is now shown in the Challenges section of the home screen. Zwifters who have completed all three of these challenges will not see this card.
  • Weā€™re refreshing the visuals for roadways around Zwift, which will continue over the next few releases.
  • Fixed an issue where previous PRs may not be displayed when riding a Climb Portal route that was previously completed.
  • Fixed a visual issue with the mini map that could occur when teleporting from Oh Hill No to Alpe du Zwift (and vice versa) in Watopia.
  • Fixed an issue that could potentially cause black squares to appear in-game on some devices.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur in low memory conditions.

UPDATE August 8 Version 1.71.2

• Fixed an issue that could cause steering devices to behave incorrectly.

UPDATE August 12
Phased rollout of version 1.71.2 to iOS / tvOS has begun.

UPDATE August 13
Phased rollout to all OS platforms is complete. Please update Zwift to the latest version at your convenience.

Any questions or issues to report? Let us know below.

8 Likes

Great news re the new running routes/badgesā€¦ :+1:

4 Likes

Looks like steering is broken in free rides. Was in pace partner and it appears when turning left the steering is forcing you as far left as possible and never auto returns back into the pack. I think itā€™s to do with the update a few updates ago thatā€™s only active in free rides thatā€™s supposed to move steering people into more ideal draft.

Turning steering off problem vanishes. Tested it out with Zwift play and also kickr bike steering.

I will grab a video of it in action soon and link it here

3 Likes

@Matthew_H Thank you for this report, we are currently investigating.

2 Likes

Let me know if you do need to see any video footage of it

1 Like

If handy, please do share, thanks!

1 Like

Should this be interpreted as ā€œeliminates black and colored squaresā€ or ā€œaddresses one of several causes for black squares and also does not address colored squares?ā€

1 Like

Any chance ā€˜Four Horsemenā€™ crash has been addressed?

Someone on the ZI post reported the Zwift hub excessive power update frequency issue is back

Here are the Zwift Insider notes on this update. Includes a mention of fresh tarmac appearance in Fuego Flats which isnā€™t in the release notes: Zwift Update Version 1.71 (133225) Released | Zwift Insider

3 Likes

Zwift should display the incline number in a larger font on mobile phones or provide an option to adjust its size for better visibility.

This feature would enable users like me, who use the Technogym treadmill, to easily adjust the incline by pressing a single button.

Had the same issue Matthew reported above and fixed it reseting the controller.
Press Z until flashes
Hold left+right 5s
Hold steering until vibrates
Hold brake until vibrates
Wait control to restart

Done :white_check_mark:

That doesnt work.

I tested this out with the Zwift Play and then also disconnected that and connect my wifeā€™s Kickr Bike steering and it does it regardless. Have unpaired repaired everything and still occurs.

What I have tracked this down to is. Being in a draft. When you make a left hand turn appears anything more than 45degree turn makes your avatar take the shortest line and cuts from the right hard left. Then sticks you on the lineā€¦ Sometimes you might return to the draft if another rider kinda collides you back into the draft.

Only happens on left hand turns never the right.

This is a clip of it in action Steering hard left

For me it started with v1.71 update and now my avatar is not following the draft of other riders.

1 Like

This is exactly my experience as well. Going through the esses I inevitably end up stuck on the yellow center line due to the left hand turns.

I (and several of my teammates) had the same experience in a race on Tuesday after getting 1.71. It seemed pretty random to us that weā€™d get kicked out of the draft. Sometimes multiple of us would get kicked out of the draft and form a new line to draft each other without steering (once there were 3 different pacelines going on a 5v5 ladder race with just 10 riders!), and sometimes it was just individuals getting kicked out of the draft. Everyone on my team that had steering said that it was the most steering we remembered doing in a race just to stay in the draft.

https://youtu.be/JuqTA2hQgtQ

Could it be an issue with having people on different game versions?? I know it has caused random issues in the past.

Another reason not to do the phased roll-out IMO.

Hello Zwifters!
Weā€™ve issued a version 1.71.2 update that addresses the auto-steer-into-an-available-draft issue that some of you on Windows / macOS / Android have reported. This patch will therefore release in phases to those OS platforms first.

Phased rollout to iOS / tvOS devices wil begin on Monday.

7 Likes

Can report in I am on 1.71.2 and my ride this morning the steering bug was fixed. Great work in resolving. BUT the black box and the random coloured box are back!

1 Like