Game Update v 1.55 [December 2023]

Zwift keeps trying to update, one time I load I’ll have 1.55, next time I load I’ve 1.54

Any suggestions?

1 Like

@Paul_Cooper_SZR Thanks for reporting this - I’ll send you a direct message to get more information.

Edit: @Dave_Musselwhite_M71 We’re investigating your report as well.

Same here. Started after yesterday’s update and still doing it this morning.

So, it took me forever to figure out how to use this without reading this sentence. I get why it’s good to show it when you press-and-move the finger, but I was totally expecting it to also show up when I tap a segment. I honestly thought it was broken. Is there a reason tap will also not show the power for that segment? Press and glide when you specifically just want to see the power for one segment is not intuitive.

1 Like

This happened again. So full timeline:
Autoupdated to 1.55 on 12/19, did a ride evening of 12/19.

Morning of 12/20, discover that I was reverted to 1.54 overnight. Launch Zwift to do a ride and it goes through the update process, updating to 1.55. Did a ride on 1.55 in the morning.

Afternoon of 12/20, go check and I’m back at 1.54. Launch Zwift and it’s starting the update process to go to 1.55. Closed it without updating. Right clicked the task bar launcher icon and told it to check for update, and it updated to 1.55.

On Launcher 1.1.11.

@calfzilla Can you clarify what you were using to determine your game version, especially when you saw it as 1.54?

Unlike the two other reports in this thread, when I looked up your game logs, I’m seeing them all reporting as 1.55.0 (but it’s possible that our system might be missing a log or something).

If you’re familiar with Zwift log files, you could help sanity check this by looking at your game logs starting Dec 19, and near the top of each log file, you’ll see the game version that was installed at the time (e.g. [15:59:00] Game Version: 1.55.0(123458) rc/1.55.0) – I’m curious if you have any logs on your local computer that show as 1.54 after a previous log showed 1.55?

Is there any thought for Zwift to deploy the macOS version via the Mac App Store rather than download and install? This would align to AppleTV/iOS release methods

Right clicking the system tray icon was showing it as 1.54. But it always updated to 1.55 when launching Zwift. It’s currently showing 1.55 in the tray. But a couple times it would show 1.54 in the tray and then update to 1.55 again. I’ll check in the morning to see if it reverted, I just tried launching and joining a ride (but didn’t actually ride) and it’s still sitting at 1.55.

I have sent a reply via email and attached a file showing that Zwift was flipping repeatedly between 1.54 and 1.55. This continued until this morning when the update stayed at v1.55.

D

Can I also add item 3 to this request for an update:

1. Black/Maroon Squares - Seem to get worse and worse; been a long term issue that’s been partially fixed numerous times.

2. Video Screenshots on PC - Don’t work if you are not using Zwift on Win ‘main screen’.

3. PC Performance in Watopia - Ever since the Coastal Road addition with updated graphics in Watopia CPU performance has been poor; (same as Makuri from launch) John Mayfield mentioned some improvements were coming and there was a very slight improvement with 1.54 but overall CPU load is still much higher now in Watopia for no real known reason. What changed and can it be fixed?

Upgraded to 1.55 on iOS on iPad.

Pace partner chevrons appeared to have lost their brightness (emissive texture). I noticed it on my first ride and then quickly loaded Zwift up again to take this screenshot (and make sure it wasn’t a one off problem). If you get far enough from the pace partner to get the column reaching onto the sky, that works. So it’s only the up close chevron which is the problem.

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Streaks screen says Level 1 [Dec 2023] [1.55]

The latest update was installed today but Zwift now takes ages to load and is so slow on my Windows PC. I’m not sure what has happened but I couldn’t use it today.

I also noticed this. The chevron is much harder to see, also a bit harder to distinguish from the holo chevrons if you happen to have one of those near it.

I’m also on iPad, maybe it’s iPad specific? Or maybe it’s intentional? If it’s intentional, I don’t like the change :slight_smile:

1 Like

Rollout has been completed. Please update at your earliest convenience.

I got updated three times so far on my MacBook Air. It doesn’t happen every time.

Thanks for reporting this - the issue where your level progression shown in the Streaks screen starts at 1 (and counts up through all your levels) is specific to “Just Watch” mode; we’ll have this fixed in an upcoming game release.

1 Like

This update caused problem with login of zwift game. I reinstalled zwift many times changing some setups but still can not login. Before this update ( until 20 th december) no problem.

I have a log file v 1.55.0 at 9:01:34 on 12-20, then v 1.54.0 at 10:51:13 on 12-20, then v 1.55.0 at 7:37:17 and 10:58:59. I’m using a MacBook Air with Launcher 1.1.10

Another data point:

12/19 login screen showed 1.55 and I had the new workout screen functionality. The log file says I was at 1.54. I didn’t get the “updating” stuff at the start, presumably because it updated in the background.

12/20 got the “updating” stuff. Login screen showed version 1.54. Log file shows the same. However, the workout screen functionality (hover over a segment to see watts etc.) was still there.

12/21 got “updating” again. Login screen shows version 1.55. Log file agrees. Didn’t check the workout screen.