Game Update v 1.55 [December 2023]

Hello Zwifters!

Zwift game version 1.55 is our last release of 2023. We begin phased rollout to Windows / macOS / Android machines today. iOS and Apple TV phased rollout begins tomorrow.

Here’s what’s in it:

• Added the ability to display tooltips for cycling and running workout graphs on the workout details screen on touchscreen devices. More information about the interval will show when the user touches AND moves their finger over the graph. It will not show up on tapping the graph without finger movement.
  • Fixed a bug where cyclists could occasionally swerve into runners. That’s for other video games.
  • Fixed an issue where Climb Portal’s elevation scaling options could not be navigated using keyboard or Play controllers.
  • Fixed an issue with riders time in events that have the same segment and event finish lines.
  • Fixed an issue where the player’s name in race results could be displayed in the wrong font color.
  • The Save Activity screen now shows if you’ve connected your Zwift account to Wahoo SYSTM, which will post your Zwift activities to your Wahoo account.
  • You can now dismiss the new cycling Streaks screen via the Zwift Companion mobile app.
  • Fixed an issue where the road on the Canopies and Coastlines route flickered in some locations.
  • Steering-Only events are now categorized under the “Hardware Requirement” filter.
  • We humanely captured and re-released elsewhere the butterflies that appeared in the cycling Streaks screen after completing an activity in Climb Portal.
  • Made a change for the timing of all competitive events (excluding team time trials and individual time trials): the time displayed in the HUD will now be the elapsed time from the event start (gun time) instead of the elapsed time beginning when the rider has crossed the start line (chip time). More information on this thread.

Windows / macOS:

• Fixed a potential crash that could occur when riding with a RoboPacer.

iOS / tvOS

• Custom workouts can once again be deleted

UPDATE December 20

Phased release of v 1.55.0 continues today on Windows / macOS / Android
Phased release begins on iOS / tvOS

UPDATE December 21

Phased rollout of v 1.55.0 is complete across all OS platforms

10 Likes

Yay! Nice to see this resolved so quickly.

5 Likes

Actual lol :laughing:

4 Likes

Zwift Insider notes on today’s release: Zwift Update Version 1.55 (123458) Released | Zwift Insider

2 Likes

Wheels on the Buffalo and Safety bike were not fixed ?

2 Likes

I know it’s Holiday Season and they are maybe not super critical but any update on below bugs please:

1. Black/Maroon Squares - Seem to get worse and worse; been a long term issue that’s been partially fixed numerous times.

2. Video Screenshots on PC - Don’t work if you are not using Zwift on Win ‘main screen’.

3. Colour Bleed - Bright colours bleed through the top to bottom and left to right of screen on PC.

Thanks!! And Happy Christmas/Hollidays.

Sam

2 Likes

fear not - those of us with steering devices are still able to run them over on purpose!

10 Likes

yeah, i get this a lot too

Couldn’t quite get that change in for this release - it’s coming in the next release, 1.56. Thanks for your patience!

5 Likes

Climp portal scaling is still broken if you ride the portal after you finish an event. You can select 50%, get the blue icon but the slopes are still showing 100% scaling. Works fine if you enter the portal from free riding.

And press square to steel someone’s bike?

2 Likes

@shooj this might be old but I just noticed that the major visual bug with light sources bleeding across the top/bottom screens exists with bleeding across between the left and right edges of the screen. Any ETA on that fixed?

1 Like

I just did a ride, took a screenshot via companion of my ride report when I was done, and it didn’t show up to save to my ride. Only one shot showed up and it was a random screenshot taken by Zwift at 10:28 into my ride. The screenshot I took did get saved to my user/pictures/zwift folder

Updated my MacBook Pro this morning in preparation for my group ride this afternoon. However when I signed on to Zwift later in the day the update ran again. I completed my 1 hour group ride and everything went well.

Out of curiosity I logged into Zwift three more times and the update ran each time. There were no error messages or any indication that something was wrong.

Ideas?

Dave

1 Like

We’re currently investigating this issue - no ETA yet though.

Update (Dec 22): We have a prospective fix for this that we’re planning to roll out in the next game release, 1.56.

2 Likes

Thanks @evan-zwift - any update on the other 2 issues I mentioned?

1. Black/Maroon Squares - Seem to get worse and worse; been a long term issue that’s been partially fixed numerous times.

2. Video Screenshots on PC - Don’t work if you are not using Zwift on Win ‘main screen’.

Thanks

Well, nice to know that swerving into runners was not on purpose. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This issue did not repeat this morning, I had taken several screenshots during the ride and I think they were all there but I wasn’t closely cross-checking.

Of note, I was on 1.55 last night, was reverted to 1.54 overnight, and re-updated to 1.55 before my ride when I went to launch Zwift.

1 Like

Rollout for Windows / macOS / Android continues today, and iOS / tvOS have started rolling out.

1 Like