The team is pleased to bring you the September game release. The update is available for download now for PC, Mac and Android and will appear in the Apple App store for iOS and Apple TV soon.
If you are planning to join an event on your next Zwift session, please make sure you log in a few minutes early to download the update and get access to all the latest features.
Missions and Programs
- Added support for Zwift Academy 2020. Web registration opens Sept 8th. In-game registration opens September 8th for Cycling, September 15th for Run and September 28th for Tri.
- Added support for Haute Route Ventoux and the Dempsey Challenge Events.
- Repack Ridge Improvements
- Repack Ridge is now officially out of the FutureWorks program, thanks to everyone for your feedback!
- Added Sterzo support for Repack Ridge. (How many stars can you get now?)
- Minor improvements to the UI when turning into Repack Ridge.
Events and Meetups
- We’ve changed the default state of steering in events to OFF. This means only events that are meant to allow steering will have steering enabled. Looking for a steering event? Our event calendar has recurring steering enabled events here: The at Home Cycling & Running Virtual Training App
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Added a new alert indicator when users save their activity to let them know if they are in an offline state to reduce lost rides and runs.
- Improved Meetups to ensure you can enable late join OR race results (rather than both at the same time). Even if you’re just racing your friends, you need to complete the entire meetup distance to take the top step.
- Cycling Pace Partners is now only available for cyclists. A future game release will provide a complimentary Pace Partner for Runners.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the HUD to flicker in Meetups.
- Fixed a bug where in certain scenarios a rider would get dropped from the draft
- Numerous UI and text updates.
If you happen to hit any issues with this update, please post in the thread below.
See you in Watopia, Ride On!
We’ve released a small patch v.1.0.55600 to fix up a few issues found after the update last week. This patch addresses the following issues:
- Joining an event while riding with a Pace Partner no longer causes a crash.
- Selecting a Pace Partner no longer causes an occasional crash.
- Some billboards on the roadside in Paris no longer appear as black boxes.
- The model names went missing for wheels in the Drop Shop, the names have now returned.
- Additional fixes for crashes impacting some users participating in events in the France map.
The patch is available for PC and Mac now and will be in the Apple and Android stores shortly. If you encounter any additional issues with this update, please post in the thread below.