Game Update - June 26th, 2020

It’s an event world for events that are in a world of events.

My first draft of the release notes would be:

Today we have a new update for you. It contains some bug fixes and improvements, and assets for some big events coming up in July. More details on that next week!

Bug Fixes and Improvements

• A rogue flock of seagulls had made their way into Downtown Watopia and were causing a fuss. We’ve helped them relocate to a place where they can get more beams of light shining down upon them.
  • Improved the very rare scenario where Zwift or a specific Zwift world is at capacity. We hope users never see this feature, but it’s there just in case.
9 Likes

Yes, the fault should be placed with paying customers and not the company’s poor communications.

5 Likes

Zwift, please hire Steve to write all release notes.

I believe even with clear communications there would have been customers who rightfully raised concerns about when Zwift would finally address some long standing issues.

I feel DC Rainmaker put it well when he said, “And while the new worlds do benefit regular Zwifters, the Tour de France race partnership has brought up questions again on whether Zwift is a software company that services its paying end users, or a media company for occasional race sponsorships.”

8 Likes

I don’t think that’s what I said.

All on this thread:

The Paris and France maps will join the regular guest world rotation in August.
Details to follow after the TDFV.

13 Likes

Official confirmation from @shooj that they WILL BE ADDED TO THE GUEST WORLD ROTATION!

Yay!

1 Like

I will spend August smashing it up and down ventoux to get that Tron bike then. Great news

2 Likes

Just read the new update release notes and must join the growing number of voices in the FB groups to say I don’t approve of the two new worlds being Event only.

I joined Zwift at the beginning of lockdown as a means of keeping fit, and became a subscriber at the end of my free trial.

Regardless of how long I have subscribed for, measured against some of the people complaining in the FB groups, I do have a valid voice as one of the income generators for ZHQ.

That means I feel the 2 new worlds should be free to ride out of events, like the saying goes, “we pay, the pros play”

:sunglasses:

Good to see this is now a thing.

Please read the post 3 lines above yours. Zwift has confirmed the Paris and France maps will join the regular guest world rotation in August.

Let’s say 150.
The other 150 are complaining comments about non fixed bugs and other things which should have been done for ages :wink:
These stay relevant…
scnr

3 Likes

Is it out for Apple TV ?? Must be another announcement that Zwift forgot to share

Looks like we’re ascending from Bedoin then…

Yes. That’s it!

As soon as people realize what has been opened-up with Grand Theft Auto V virtual bike access, the world will change…

Too late. GTAV is here…

Yeah - Right. Can you spell GTAV ?

Awesome!

yup…was about 14 separate update files