Game Update - June 26th, 2020

Hello Zwifters!

Today we have a new update for you and it’s a BIG ONE. For the last 6-8 weeks, the team has been working overtime to craft two amazing new event worlds, France and Paris. More detail on these event worlds will be coming soon.

[EDIT: Quick update to everyone inquiring about the new worlds. We’re as excited as you are about the new France and Paris worlds and more information about these worlds and how Zwifters access them will be coming out next week.]

The update is available for download now for PC, Mac and Android and will appear in the Apple App store for iOS and Apple TV soon.

If you are planning to join an event on your next Zwift session, please make sure you log in a few minutes early to download the update and get access to all the latest features.

New Content

• The newly added France map includes 7 new routes between 12 and 37 miles (21-61km) in length, with elevation gains of over 3,000 feet for some routes (+1000m).
  • The newly added Paris map includes a new flat 4.1 mile (6.6km) route in two directions so you can race around downtown Paris.

Bug Fixes and Improvements

• A rogue flock of seagulls had made their way into Downtown Watopia and were causing a fuss. We’ve helped them relocate to a place where they can get more beams of light shining down upon them.
  • Improved the very rare scenario where Zwift or a specific Zwift world is at capacity. We hope users never see this feature, but it’s there just in case.

If you happen to hit any issues with this update, please post in the thread below.

You can find out which version of Zwift is the latest version for your platform at this link: https://forums.zwift.com/t/what-are-the-latest-zwift-game-and-zwift-companion-app-version-numbers/

See you in Watopia, Ride On! :ride_on:

509 Likes

Event Only? That is a disappointment.

103 Likes

It’s a massive shame. Maybe a licensing thing.

20 Likes

Event only? :pensive:

Honestly, I’d be a lot more excited about this if many of the other things we’ve heard about had been implemented. Where is the updated UI? Where is the club feature? Where is the updated race management? Where are the sandbagging controls? Why are we still having to exit the game to go back to the menu? It’s ridiculous.

I realize these new worlds tying into the TDF will be huge for Zwift business and potentially generating a lot of new subscriptions. But what about current and long-time subscribers. When do we get the features we’ve been asking for? Because right now it seems like you have our money so our voice doesn’t matter.

385 Likes

Event-only :grimacing: …hope after the TDF you will make them free. No sense otherwise

68 Likes

Why? Why? Why?

Is over population the reason these are locked behind events?

18 Likes

On a Friday, AGAIN??? Please stop putting out releases on Fridays until you can be sure they are bug-free!!

38 Likes

Could you describe the routes on both of the worlds in more detail please?

12 Likes

Fantastic news, looking forward to testing out the new worlds and will probably swap a couple of our group rides and races onto the new course. thanks guys.

20 Likes

I think they just mean if you have a planned session log in a bit early to do the update so you don’t miss your session not that the new world is event only :+1:t3:

19 Likes

This is great news and a new playground is a welcome addition. Looking forward to visiting the new worlds as soon as possible.

8 Likes

Please let this just be bad wording and not indicative these worlds are only available for official events/races and not free riding because that would just mean another update without new tarmac for what is most likely the majority of users who don’t race.

49 Likes

Thanks for the updates. Always appreciate the time, man hours and effort it takes to get them to us. Looking forward to getting on the routes! Onwards to the next upgrades!

25 Likes

Nope,right now it seems event only. It’s a shame if it’s event only…

Let’s wait a day to clear this.

A sidenote,while I’m excited about the new France world (less so if event only,even less so if can’t organize meetup…),I’d be more excited for al the other features we are waiting for the last 8-10 months now…Namely UI updates,menu, Club features…Our community here is less patient now because these features are delayed for almost a year now,and they don’t really want new roads,but new possibilities within the existing limits…

Probably it’s about time to focus on the things mentioned during 2019 autumn / winter…

62 Likes

Great news. Looking forward to a trip to Paris.

5 Likes

Oooh. Exciting! More route badges!!! Yuuus :blush:

11 Likes

@Wes you know I love this game, but I swear that Zwift don’t listen to customers one bit. Event only are you kidding?? Where is the UI, where is the MTB tracks, where is club functionality? Where is the sandbagging enforcement?

You guys spent 6-8 weeks to appease the ASO and get 1/20th of a TDF course created. What about all the features that you have literally worked on since last summer? Where in tarnation are these things?

Instead, Zwift, the company who we pay premium subscription fees to has sat with no releases since an art refresh on Richmond in January. And this is what we finally get? An event only world that we can’t even enjoy until you schedule events on? Last time with Crit City you didn’t schedule events until a full week later.

This is pitiful, and I genuinely love this game.

123 Likes

Paris event only makes sense, but surely not the France world at that size? @Wes can you confirm that?

14 Likes

Event only? Meh.

20 Likes