Game Update 1.40 [May 2023]

Not really more chaotic that having multiple big pace partner groups meeting on Tempus Fugit and Maria grade riders amazingly become Genie grade (until the hill near LAX). :wink:

As of this writing:

A: When attempting to join a ride I’ve selected I’m liable to be launched on any old part of the course, but not with the selected ride.

B: Please please please move the QUIT button away away away from the MENU button. That was NOT smart, especially in the throes of a ride.

C: Changing how jerseys are (or are not) displayed on the right side HUD sucks. Now if I’m in a blob I can’t see current jersey holders whether forward or reverse. That really sucks, especially for sprinters who need to know at a moment’s notice where the jersey holder is and what they’re up to. Removing that line of sight and consequent ability to plan was not user friendly. Just put the jerseys back the way they used to be. Why try to fix what wasn’t broken? There were larger issues to screw around with.

D: The very informative “Zwifted with” report that disappeared, then reappeared, has once again disappeared. Please bring it back.

E: Despite the foregoing and other relevant issues mentioned in this thread, the big picture is Zwift pretty consistently provides a rewarding and memorable user experience and I’m grateful to everyone at Zwift for dealing with as fractious a bunch as us cyclists.

Known issue

Known issue fixed in 1.41

I’m not sure what this refe3rs to? Is this the sticky riders nearby? If so, that’s a known issue.

This should only happen at either the start of a ride or when you’ve made the screen menu appear. It’s been like that forever as far as I can recall.

Likely 2 in Paris, 6 in France.

I think Chip means that the QUIT buttons is so darn close to the (way to low) MENU button. Previously they where further appart than they are now. It is way to easy to press the wrong button, especialy when you have wet fingers and are tired from a hard ride.

1 Like

No, I understand the point that he is making. Just trying to determine if it is something new or something that has existed since the dawn of time.

But 8 on the same sub 5 mile circuit and when the road runs parallel for quite a large chunk. It’d be a rainbow of beacons.

It’d be almost like a cat & mouse race where the fast group comes through and you try and cling onto them.

Have you ever run on the Mayfield track when the pacers are all there? It’s actually quite convenient for warming up with one and then stepping it up (or down again) with another.

However, for cycling, please keep the variety of options we have now. I don’t want to ride Paris loops all day long.

Definitely works for running as like you say you can regulate your pace between the groups.

I’ve only really run the May Field in the recent Tour of Watopia. As i was doing it every day it got monotonous but i can see for others it’d be great.

This has been happening in races in 1.40. Once the race is over it goes back to giving XP at the .0 mark again. It’s not exactly at .8 sometimes around .9, but it varies and comes prior to .0.

I think this is a lag issue between server and local.

It’s been around since forever.

2 Likes

Hopefully the update will not be rolled out any further. I don’t want to deal with the new bugs. I’ve seen pictures of terrible problems on strava. The update should fix bugs! This can not continue like that. Maybe Zwift needs a new way of thinking. The coffee break pu is a nice idea though.

Zwiftalizer says 3ms max world clock offset for this race. Also I’ve never seen this happen prior to 1.40, now it’s happening in every race I do.

If it’s lag shouldn’t it happen at X.1 not X.8?

Apple TV is now continually asking me to login. It doesn’t make any difference whether I completely close the game or leave it open in the background. I’m presuming it’s related to this update as it’s the first time I’ve experienced this problem.

1 Like

100% not a new thing.

If you ever do the likes of the Tour de Zwift etc… You’ll notice it happens in them. I do a running event daily of 10k. Every time i pass the 10k mark to signal the end of the event my mileage is adjusted slightly by 0.1 or 0.2km
During the event i hit the distance markers slightly before the actual distance is reached.

3 Likes

Interesting. I never noticed that issue in TdZ. Seems like a known issue like that should be addressed.

I thought it went out to 100% of devices on May 19

1 Like

Correct, it did.

1 Like

isn’t this due to the distance you do before the start line in an event and it shows the event distance not including the bit from the pens to the line?

I don’t believe so. That issue effects your average pace.

The elapsed time & distance start simultaneously but pen time is added.

1 Like