Game Update 1.40 [May 2023]

Hi James,

Many thanks for your messages.

A: I’m about to Zwift. I was on 1.40 last night; look forward to the restoration of the Zwifted with feature in 1.41. Thank you! That feature is helpful.

B: I’ve taken 2,675 rides on Zwift using ATV4K. Prior to the latest update all I needed to do to access MENU was hit the top left button on the Apple remote and it would appear (I’m referring to the screen with the box with BACK and END RIDE at the bottom, beneath a host of metrical choices and information). There was no need to press “MENU” twice, nor was a “QUIT” button on the screen, much less anywhere near the MENU button as now. As I indicated previously, the QUIT button, previously not an option for ATV users, is now too close to MENU. The new arrangement is cumbersome and potentially fatal for a given ride, :-). I suspect this is limited to ATV users based on how we have each framed the issue.

C: Previously, I could see all jersey holders in the HUD to the right (~14 riders, including me). Someone at HQ got the bright idea to remove the little jerseys to the left of the names of any jersey holders riding in the current direction traveled (holders of reverse segment jerseys still appear at left of the HUD). This makes visibility of these people less obvious and finding them cumbersome: previously we had the bloc of ~14 to see where jersey holders were; now we have to hunt and peck by fluctuating our progress through a blob or by using the Companion app. Such changes were unnecessary and unwelcome. It’d be great if the previous way of seeing was restored. If that’s already a known issue, my apologies.

D: I don’t want to have the foregoing occlude the fact that I believe Zwift does an overall great job and that you and your colleagues are ace at addressing our wants/needs as best you can as quickly as you can. I’m really grateful for the kindness of your time.

Cheers and ride on, James!

Chip

Is it {really} mileage if you measure it in km? :thinking:

Ha, caught me out there. I’m UK so we still use miles here.

Kilometrage sounds such an odd word to me.

2 Likes

After all the troubles with 1.39 and finding / connecting to a RP I tried it again under 1.40. @James_Zwift and @shooj promesid me it would be fixed with 1.40, but boy wat a PEEEEEEEEP show it was again yesterday. Several tries needed again to find Maria and every time I did not wait longer than 5 seconds to press that ride button.

I am so dissapoited in Zwift that for the comming months I do not extend my subscription any more. I will wait and see if the comming updates are better in order to decide what to do after that.
Zwift really takes the fun out of riding indoors atm for me.

1 Like

That’s odd, no issues on mine.

That being said, I cannot update apps on my ATV. Everyone I do I have to sign the terms and conditions and when I try to do that it just says coming soon.

Each update I uninstall Zwift and reinstall again fresh.

Perhaps try reinstalling?

1 Like

If apps are set to auto update on ATV sometimes they do sometimes not if you know there is a new update available got to App Store / purchases and click on Zwift and you will either get update if an update is available or open if app is already up to date.

It’s either an issue with my apple account (only use for this one purpose) or the ATV itself.

No app auto update, all must be done manually and all fail with the error above.

I have to uninstall and then install again to update.

Such a pain, no troubleshooting steps, factory rests etc have fixed this for me.

Not a Zwift issue though

This should help

Here is what worked for me (I do not have iPhone or tablet and you cannot do this on a laptop - very annoying @apple).

1. Go to the home screen on you Apple TV.
  2. Open/launch Settings App.
  3. Navigate to “Users and Accounts” settings item.
  4. Then choose the user whose iCloud terms and conditions need to be accepted. In my case my account was the default user. Click/Select that user.
  5. Scroll down to “iCloud” (it will show the email used for your account). Click on it.
  6. Sign out from iCloud (on your Apple TV)
  7. Then sign back in. Now you will be offered the opportunity to accept iCloud terms and conditions.
  8. If you agree with the terms and conditions, accept them (at your own risk, of course) and enjoy uninterrupted Apple TV.

These instructions should be on the Apple website.

Thanks, pretty sure I’ve followed these before. I will give them a go again though.

Failing that, I’ll spin up a new apple account and see if it accepts the terms and conditions

As I feared - many new bugs. Certainly I only noticed the obvious ones. For example: PP not found, UI is broken, buttons and arrows don’t work anymore, black blocks, wrong position of rider is shown, couldn’t see the riders in front of me in the list and so on. And like I said, those are just the obvious things. Who knows what else was shot to pieces. Thanks, that’s enough.

2 Likes

Using ATV v1.40, I was unable to join robopacer Maria - looked like I was dropped in well behind the group, or perhaps somewhere else entirely (I briefly saw a suggestion to join some other M robopacer). First time this has ever happened to me.

2 Likes

Are you on the latest game version?

I’m on v1.40.

1 Like

Joining the bot rides accurately is now a crapshoot on ATV and remaining with a ride also troublesome as the app will periodically wrong turn riders.

2 Likes

@James_Zwift and @shooj like to comment on the so called fix of joining an RP???

(See the ignored from me yesterday)

Although it was initially said to be fixed in 1.40, subsequently it was said to be improved in 1.40 and a further fix would be coming in 1.41.

1 Like

I’ve already mentioned (exactly what Steve said below) before.

1 Like

If you say so, but that does not change my feelings as I at first was not believed by Zwift about the issue in 1.39. Only after several others started to back me up it was finally flaged by you.
After a while you guys tell us it is fixed in 1.40 (which update was set on hold for a few days) it finaly got through this weekend. And only after new reports you guys came to the conclusion you did not fix anything about this issue at all.

Because how this is handeled I have stopped my account and will have to wait and see if I have enough trust in Zwift to ride with you guys this winter. The next few months (after my time is up) I definately will not ride on Zwift because of the huge amount of bugs that is ruining my rides.

Enjoy your Summer.

12 Likes

Apple TV is throttled on Zwift to 30 FPS, which has been the case for at least 2 years. I used Wahoo RGT on Apple TV this last winter and the graphics are much better. I get rider shadows, and generally see 50-60 FPS. Apple TV isn’t going to be in the same class as a 1000 Watt GPU, but it can be improved from where it’s at.

1 Like