Game Update 1.40 [May 2023]

Agree! “Menacing” is the first thing that came to mind when I saw it the other day.

Good luck, they’re cancelled for the summer :wink:

1 Like

New bug, the name list on the right sometimes stops scrolling entirely and you end up off the list. Fix for it is to click on someone else and then “back to me” and it resets it. Happened to a couple other people I’ve talked to as well.

This has been mentioned a few times (not sure if it was in this thread). We’re aware and working on it.

2 Likes

I’m guessing the “highlight rider” feature will be turned on for pace partners by default when you join one.

Killbot Coco makes me sad though. Wish that one PP could remain the translucent blue human.

1 Like

Emotional Damage GIF

1 Like

Report of users with steering being able to go straight through other riders. I have observed similar behavior but hard to verify since you can’t always rely on what you see on screen.

@DavidP

3 posts were split to a new topic: Black Squares Game 1.40

When steering you get blocked when bumping directly into the rider, you have to move either in front of behind if you want to move over the road.

A bit of a play test with the sterzo.

1 Like

Not my video but appears to show intentionally passing laterally through other riders.

Going forward you can pass thru the riders. So coming from the back you can ride thru them.

You can also cross wheels. Zwift uses a small contact patch around the bottom bracket (assumption). So you need to advance and then cross the road. But you can clearly see that he gets blocked if he is directly next to the rider.

2 Likes

Interesting. Will be fun to learn steering dynamics once my device is supported.

Interesting videos. Might be interesting to do the same but using the side view camera angle (#4 I think?). From what I could see, what you’re saying seems correct - whether you have steering or are being moved by AI because you don’t have steering, front wheels can move thru others’ rear wheels, and rear wheels thru front wheels etc.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Wrong turn indication

good morning,

Has anyone reported that wahoo kickr bike buttons stop working after a coffee stop?

Wahoo bike kickr v2 (DirectConnect)
Windows 10
nvidia rtx 3070

Thank you

The killer robots are awful. Way to ruin a good thing.

5 Likes

During a workout on Tempus today, I involuntarily joined a Robo Pacer group.

Honestly, lost for words. What was wrong with the previous Pacer avatar?

Oh, and the arrow to mark the Pacer’s position was missing, so good luck trying to shadow the pacer (ATV user with Zwift 1.40.0).

2 Likes

So sad to see the new look of the Pacers. Was there really a need to change them?

First the names, then the look. It was perfectly fine for me. Before the changes.

They now are hard to spot in the pack. It didn’t come to my mind that they don’t support drafting, because that’s what they are there for.

@shooj I’ve experienced black squares flickering throughout the screen. Seems to be related to the backlight of a rider, because upon passing this rider the squares became smaller and centered around the backlight of the bike. Before that, they where all over the display as the rider was further away.

5 Likes

see: Black Squares Game [1.40] [1.41] - #12 by Patrick_Boucher_JZQc

1 Like

Hi,

please include it in the bug list:

Thanks