Game Update 1.30 [October 2022]

Oooh, Drop multiplier holds at 2.5x? I know what I’m doing after work today.
gimbrinhas-exercise

A post was merged into an existing topic: Zwift crashing on startup [AppleTV] [1.30] [October 2022]

reports have suggested this stops at 2.0 not 2.5

2 Likes

I’d rather have some zwift with my bugs

I knew they would change the font for better readability. UI designer here. All nerded out over it. Using a display font (meant for large text) as the smaller fonts too.

I pealed off a Pace Partner ride this morning and free rode before joining a Group Ride. I saw something I’ve never seen before. I’ll take a pic if it happens again. I saw civilians on the side walks that had colored clear pace partner look. This went on for 4km until I left Tokyo towards the Rice Paddies in Makuri. It was pretty cool, but I’m thinking some new graphic issue.

The question is whether there is such an option, maybe some of you know when driving zwift, how to take a picture blinks the screen while driving in a group this screen is blinking all the time is the possibility of this turning off my eyes are already bleeding from this option. After the last update 1.30, the camera option has intensified a lot.

Power up bug. I have different power ups showing on game screen (PC) and zwift companion (iPhone). See pics.

1 Like

It’s not a bug. Shadows are only shown when the Ultra Graphics Profile has been assigned to the graphics card. The graphics profile is set by Zwift, and can’t be set by the user. IIRC the M1 processor is assigned the Basic Graphics Profile, hence no shadows. The Ultra profile enables not only shadows, but many other effects as well. Even the Apple TV 4K gets the Basic profile.

As to why Zwift only assigns the Basic profile to the M1 is another question. It could be that many of the effects are based on OpenGL which is deprecated on Apple platforms. If that is the case, Zwift would need to refactor their code to implement Metal instead. But my guess is that this would take time as Metal is Apple specific, and not a priority…

M1 Mac gets High profile, and no shadows.

Zwift released a Metal version of the app, but I’ve only seen it on Intel systems. They have a server-side switch that decides which systems run it.

1 Like

Why couldn’t you have fixed the odd ‘jump’ between Neokyo and Yumezi at the same time? This drives me nuts

2 Likes

Yes as Paul says it is a bug because M1 gets the High Profile but still no shadows. Has been like that for a year.

From what I can tell Zwift works on Metal even on my M1 Mac, so that is not the limiting step.

There was even a Zwift dev on Reddit that said last year that it already compiles as a native Apple Silicon app but there are dependent libraries that are not yet ready.

First world problems and I didn’t buy a powerful Mac for Zwift, but given that I have one for other reasons it would be nice if Zwift would at least fix the ‘no shadows in High Profile’ bug on hardware released 2 years ago.

1 Like

Drop multiplier only going to X2,0?

They’re using Metal on several Apple platforms now I believe, not just Intel-based.

But you’re right, the lack of rider shadows on M1 is a bug/error on its High profile designation.

Known issue: RoboPacer Drops Multiplier maxed out at 2.0x [1.30] [October 2022]

1 Like

Mine stopped at 2.0 yesterday.

I was mistaken, there are actually some very faint shadows visible on some road surfaces with the High profile on Mac. Camera 4 on black tarmac shows it best.

Confirmed to be fixed.
My neighbors downstairs thank you as I can stop bunny hopping :wink:!

1 Like

That blob is what everyone on Basic gets. Medium upwards gets a real rider/bike shadow.

1 Like

With all the graphics talk, I what to know what is so extremely detailed on the main menu that it causes the fans on my RX580 to go full blast and also some of the other internal mac fans to speed up?

As soon as I begin riding in Zwift everything calms down even with detail cranked up.

A menu shouldn’t cause that?