Game update 1.28 [August 2022]

On the scale of Zwift Rowing to the new UI canceled during the pandemic how close is the extremely near future?

2 Likes

Howdy!

Thanks for letting us know! We’re aware of this issue and are investigating.

2 Likes

No problem @Alyssa … hope its an easy fix! Thank you.
(seeing the size of the bunch in real time is a useful thing to see to help decide what bunch to jump into) :+1:

2 Likes

The “Active Club” selection in the ride setup (old UI on iOS, ATV, and Android) is still defaulting to None. This is especially annoying on ATV when dealing with the remote.

7 Likes

Can we please just have the base w/kg displayed on the screen?
This seems much more relevant than speed (or even instantaneous power) to what you can expect out of the group.

6 Likes

This is already available on the screen where you see rider around you.

I take it that the lack of Zwift responses to ATV / new Ui queries means it’s not coming anytime soon.

In which case any reason why Makuri Islands can’t be a permanent second world to allow access to the pace partners? Looks like Makuri is only scheduled 6 out of the remaining 22 days this month

4 Likes

I think he means on the home screen UI. Showing the bots average pace would also be useful in case you logon and happen to catch them on a hill its a bit confusing

like this the first 2 bots are actually going harder w/kg than in theory the fastest D bot

1 Like

Just gonna go ‘AWESOME’ (and not read others comments first) ’ for something that crossed my mind but not to that level of ‘hey can we enhance this?’

→ AUTO CAPTURE not just some photos (greet I forget and happy to have them) but try to nab one or some significant moments? SWEET!

3 Likes

Friendly reminder that it’s now been 9 months (Neokyo in Nov 2021) since Zwift has released new roads.

7 Likes

If you are a Windows user and are seeing the Zwift launcher app hang with a blank / white screen - please join us on this thread for a workaround.

2 Likes

New Roads & Stuff - to be fair, I’d wait until the “Winter” cycling season starts in Sept & Oct before making a big splash and spend the remaining “Summer” season splatting bugs, refactoring and restructuring the code. (doesn’t stop me being disappointed in the lack of new roads)

Home Screen Bot list - obviously not tested on a 16:9 aspect ratio, not that I’ve ever said that “it works on my machine” (because it’s a high end dev build with extra s/w :slight_smile: )

4 Likes

Why do the Pace Partners go downhill so fast? At the reduced w/kg they should go a bit slower, but they just fly downhill. D Draft for one. I still find the surging of the PP within the pack to be a little erratic.

4 Likes

The wattages should be steady but if you hold 200 watts on a climb, you’ll be dog slow. If you really push and hold 200 watts on a downhill, you’ll be flying.

My monitor is currently limited to 1680x1050 resolution. Even in extra small scaling I can’t see past brevet so I hope this can be looked at. There must be other riders in a similar situation. Admittedly I can count the amount of times I’ve used the “A” pace partner on one hand but it’s still nice to have the option.

2 Likes

Yep - that’s what I meant, and Zwift had confirmed earlier this summer that was the long term plan.

Try this next time you are with a PP on a descent. Get out in front and then coast to let the pack catch you. When the front of the pack meets up with you, speed up and try to get into the body of the pack. Next to impossible. They just blow by you.

4 Likes

You can click and drag to the left to get to all the pace partners, no need to change your scaling.

However, I will say that the new UI around the pace partners is not great. I much preferred the previous listing that kept them mostly all on the same screen without the need for so much scrolling.

Also, now there is a huge empty space on the screen again when you land on the main home screen. The Off the MAAP tile on top, with events all alone underneath it, and nothing else to the right of those tiles… a huge waste of space and very poor design.

4 Likes

That’s not how the Zwift game physics work. Try that in a race or a group ride. The blob will blow your barn doors off and leave you for dead. I would suggest backing off the pedals a hair but do NOT try the sink and sprint technique that used to be brilliant in the TTT’s. Zwift is a skill. It requires experience and game craft on top of being able to put out a lot of watts.

1 Like

99% of the time my companion app doesn’t work with my iPad Pro tacx neo bike.
When will this be fix is ok doing all the fancy stuff but come let’s get the basics working please
Regards Mark