Game update 1.28 [August 2022]

Hello Zwifters,

Version 1.28 of the Zwift game app is ready to download for PC / macOS / iOS / Apple TV / Android.

FEATURES

• Pace Partner Improvements: updated UI & better visibility of popularity and pacing
  • Auto-screenshots are now smarter, capturing your notable moments such as getting a new PR or claiming a segment jersey

BUG FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS

• Fixed issue where riders may spawn off the road when resuming an activity
  • Fixed missing text from user profile screen
  • Fixed an issue where users were riding alone when using mobile data.
  • Fixed an issue where some intersection buttons would not respond in Zwift Companion.

Update 1.28.1 September 6
Bug Fix

25 Likes

Well that was an exciting update :joy:. Glad to see the new pace partner features though! Here is my article with notes on the release, my thoughts, images(New HED Wheels!), and more. Feel free to check it out: Zwift Update August Released 1.28 - ZRace Central

Edit: Video summary of the update is available here: Zwift Update August 2022 v.1.28 // All The Details! - YouTube

8 Likes

A short and sweet one this month :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:… The Pace Partner improvements sound promising/interesting - definitely a popular feature. Jumping on now to check it out.
It will be good to see more variation in the auto screenshots aswell :+1:

Some useful big fixes. Maybe there are a few more things in this release not mentioned, and lets hope some of the things that are being worked on (like TT/TTT mode enhancements) will be released as we head into ‘indoor season’ :crossed_fingers:

Ride On!

5 Likes

You’ll be able to enjoy the TTT improvements with WTRL in the extremely near future.

5 Likes

minor but new UI for pace partners does not appear to be in w/kg order…well mostly until you get to Brevet before Chaser.

Also to see all pace partners i have to run scaling in very small which makes loads of stuff tiny. Any chance we can get some horizontal scrolling possible?

7 Likes

Thanks @xflintx … I had seen some timezones trialling this already so hopefully ‘extremely near’ means from tomorrow or next week :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

What about out with WTRL will it be available to all organisers?

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Colored box artifact on M1 [macOS] [August 2022] [1.28.0]

Still not saying anything about the ATV homepage UI?

8 Likes

Also I’ve just joined Brevet, which showed group size of around 550 (like the screen shot)… There are def not 550 in this bunch!.. maybe 30… could those tiles be pulling through the wrong metrics?
(more testing needed) , just commenting on the fly!

1 Like

A customer asks about the ATV UI update.
Mr. Customer: 'Ello, I wish to register a complaint.
(Zwift does not respond.)
Mr. Customer: ‘Ello, Miss?
Zwift: What do you mean “miss”?
Mr. Customer: I’m sorry, I have a cold. I wish to make a complaint!
Zwift: We’re closin’ for lunch.
Mr. Customer: Never mind that, my lad. I wish to complain about this UI what I was using for a while from this software.
Zwift: Oh yes, the, uh, the ATV UI… What’s, uh… What’s wrong with it?
Mr. Customer: I’ll tell you what’s wrong with it, my lad. 'T’s dead, that’s what’s wrong with it!
Zwift: No, no, 't’s uh,…it’s coming Zoon.
Mr. Customer: Look, matey, I know a dead UI improvement when I see one, and I’m looking at one right now.
etc. (from Monty Python Dead parrot scene :slight_smile: )

17 Likes

Camera angle 0 seems super slow compared to previous versions. panning left/right/up/down plus the whole range of motion in terms of zoom and left/right for side on view seems to not be possible.

Edit to add even after panning around it seems to spring back (slowly) to the same viewing angle

and edit again seems like it is ok now in a later event so not sue if just one off or event specific.

1 Like

That will be a fair bit later; no good estimate on it yet. The reason is that for now the system was designed for WTRL first and they have a bit of proprietary stuff that no other organizers have.

1 Like

There are times when the Partner is riding harder uphill or softer downhill that the w/kg will change and appear to be out of order, though it’s momentary. The UI won’t reshuffle based on those changes and is instead ordered statically by their base W/Kg value.

2 Likes

Pace Partner Improvements: updated UI & better visibility of popularity and pacing

For me at least, the new UI is still not available on iPadOS, and definitely not available to the general public on tvOS (my primary Zwift platform). Please could Zwift make this clear in the release note and accompanying emails that are sent out.

I regularly use pace partners and find the improvements James has brought to be really valuable, but the navigation using the ATV latest remote control ‘challenging’ on the current UI (note: not “old UI” for many of us, it’s the current UI)

5 Likes

That’s disappointing and frustrating that systems are being designed for some organisers rather than supporting everyone. With the current slow down in racing and club developments does not fill me with confidence we will see it any time soon.

9 Likes

Good to see the navigation is fixed.

1 Like

The state of updates is just sad, the codebase must be awful to work on

8 Likes

When will you bring back riding with a friend. It was such a great experience rather than having to create a meet up or event.

5 Likes