Game Update 1.18 - October 20th, 2021

Doesn’t the top have a turnaround loop?

1 Like

Zwift glitching since last Win 10 update… (~9 days ago)
TL:DR - It Spotify “wot dun it !”
Anyway Storytime! - So the freeze/ glitch went to 2min intervals today, I popped up Task Manager, and on the Perfromance tab saw the cpu was spiking & gpu was dropping off, so switched to Detail tab, every glitch/ freeze was matched to a Spotify task taking extra resource, now there was nothing obviously wrong with Spotify so it looked all the world like another Zwift Bug…
A re-Boot thankfully fixed it, so probably a rogue task as Spotify didn’t apply an update.

Remember It’s not always Zwift !

Seems I’m having the “lagging resistance” issue as well on Apple TV and KICKR Bike. Rode the Surrey Hills map for at least 15-20 min before I actually felt any change in resistance, all the while I was supposed to be climbing

My frustration level with ZWIFT continues to grow. It seems with each “update” there’s just more bugs. I’d say 50% of my rides actually function properly :-1:t2:

2 Likes

Version 1.18.1 for iOS devices has been released.

3 Likes

@Zachary_Mazin may I ask on which platform you were running Zwift when you experienced your gradient lag? (Windows/Mac/Android/iPhone/iPad/Apple TV)

@John_Blumenthal I’m afraid the 1.18.1 patch does not address the “U-Turn” issue. That doesn’t mean there isn’t a plan for resolving this issue.

I think you will find you can perform a U-Turn anywhere in the game without issue, until the Zwifter makes an attempt to U-Turn exactly at the finish line of route completion. For now, please try counting to ten before U-Turning after completing a route. This should allow the U-Turn to complete normally and avoid this issue.

This issue seems related to a fix added to prevent an exploit involving U-Turns on route completion. It may be that completing a route and performing a U-Turn causes the player avatar to get stuck in a U-Turn that never starts, hence being stuck at the forced lower speed for U-Turns, and the inability to make subsequent U-Turns or choose intersection decisions.

Once the player avatar is stuck in a U-Turn, there is no way to recover the normal behavior besides shutting down and relaunching (on desktop) or force-closing and launching (on mobile).

You can also follow any developments here:

1 Like

Windows 10. Thanks Mike.

• Fixed an issue which would sometimes cause long straight lines to appear on the map during route selection.

Sorry team, the fix didn’t work. Whatever was done, it has now caused the bug to happen for me - this is the first time I’ve even seen or had this bug, never had the straight line issue before this update.

1 Like

PC app still freezing for me after 5 mins, or less, within a course. Android app and comp app all working fine - just still seems to be issues with PC.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Hiding option for Zwifters with steering option

No issues at all here, you’ll need to give a full run down of your specs and what problems you’re experiencing if you want others to be able to offer meaningful help. :+1:

Same here - never experienced he “long straight line”-problem before this update, but now that it should be fixed, I have seen it for the first time.

Happened on Richmond, running 1.18.0 on an iPad.

Might not help but you’re already out of date, there’s been a patch to 1.18.1.

I know, but they said it was fixed in 1.18.0, so thought I would mention it even though it was before the patch that I saw it…

For reference; and yeah was just posting up an “issue flag”.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT, 32GB DDR4, Sapphire 5600xt (latest AMD drivers), windows11 :wink: , system running entirely off NVME SSDs, during Zwifting I’ll only run ANT+ off pc. Latest version of Zwift patched this morning, hadn’t been on during week. Have also completely reinstalled Zwift.

I’ll try again, and see what happens and report back. Have just done a 5km then 10km on Zwift Android, all ok.

Ha, I wondered if was the same chap from the group. :wink:

Yeah there’s absolutely no reason you should be having crashing issues based on those specs. Beyond the known problems, there’s nothing fundamentally wrong with the game on PC. Are you running any overclocks on your CPU, RAM or GPU? Zwift is incredible at causing system crashes even if your OC is stable in literally everything else. So back those off if so. If everything is stock then I’d suggest you have another problem, possibly hardware related.

2 Likes

absolute disaster after the last update. I have never had problems. But today power drops ( with ant and bluetooth),
all data disappears from the screen,… i use Android app.

1 Like

Ha back, yes indeed! :slight_smile: I didn’t even make the connection.

For note, I’m putting this down to the AMD drivers and latest Zwift. Grabbed the latest AMD drivers, not relying on Radeon software to detect, and reinstalled - then complete Zwift reinstall. Managed through a complete course. I’ve not touched anything else.

Def one to watch for early Win11 adopters, especially if coming from Insiders.

1 Like

I was lucky enough to fly once. I felt like ET!

Patch 1.18.1 installed.
Is there a workaround when the U turn select is busted. I’m not in a near a sprint and it does not work. I’m just out cruising and forced to quit ride as I’m up against a climb I don’t want.