Game Update 1.17 - September 15th, 2021

Hi Lin, I love Zwift and certainly don’t want to be argumentative. But, a properly working Apple TV app should NOT require force quitting after each use to regain functionality. Having to do so is a consequence of the developer not bothering to code their app properly. Calling this “best practice” is a euphemism disguising a defect in the software that Zwift needs to rectify.

4 Likes

Just wanted to add that I’m one of those using a KICKR and Apple TV, pairing via the iOS companion app, where resistance control still isn’t working after the 1.17 update. I have my KICKR paired as a controllable trainer and verified that trainer difficulty is set to the default 50%. Looking forward to a fix for this, thanks!

I don’t think that anyone would dispute that.

But shouting into the void gets tiring after a while.

Acknowledging the reality of how to get the best out the Zwift that we have, and adopting best practice to keep it as stable as possible, ensures a better user experience than not doing so.

4 Likes

Hi Steve, If you consider my comment as “shouting into the void,” so be it. I have only been Zwifting for a year and a half so maybe I am vulnerable to thinking that communication to fellow users and ZHQ matters. I think we should leave “Best Practice” or “Work Around” as issues of semantics and call it a day. Kind regards, Luigi

1 Like

Eric, any idea if they have near future plans to add more levels? Thanks for Zwift Insider, invaluable info and insights always!

See Level 50+ update?

2 Likes

I haven’t been on much lately but this week I’ve noticed ERG doesn’t work consistently. I tried a few training rides and it’s so bad it’s pointless. Also, the up hills and downhills aren’t consistent. I’ll be going up a steep incline and it feels like a mild incline or flat. Likewise descents are the same. All my software/firmware is current. Zwift please fix your bugs!

1 Like

I had to turn off erg mode this morning. Thought it might be my old computer!

I typically don’t experience power drops as I use Ant FE-C and have a direct ethernet connection. Unfortunately I have one yesterday during a ride I was leading, and today I had a 5 sec drop in the last 2k of a race. I think my cadence sensor is flaky and it looks erratic right before drop, but I didn’t think cadence would interfere with power. Any ideas?

I think that may be the cause of your dropout. I have seen where a faulty HR monitor will cause power drops. The faulty device will cause the ANT+ dongle to start searching.

I don’t think that is likely - ANT+ just receives what is being broadcast it doesn’t search (or it is always searching depending on how you look at it). You can try it out, I turn my heart rate monitor on and off while riding and all other connections remain unaffected.

the slight drop in the cadence may be the sign that there was interference and this took a little longer to affect the power meter (if using 3 second average it might hold steady for a bit)

some times turning my bluetooth headphones on/off can make things briefly drop but usually only for a fraction of a second.

That is true. But If the HR keep dropping then the ANT+ dongle start to do more Rx searching and that may cause Power drops. I don’t know why but it does effect it in some way.

But in theory you are 100% correct. One of those strange but true things.

well that’s it i’m done, even with the 1.17.1 update i’ve only managed to get things working once in a week. Subscription cancelled, absolute joke

5 Likes

No expert on connections but when my HRM battery went flat a week or two ago in the middle of a workout it completely killed all connections and I had to exit and restart zwift to get anything working at all. That’s with everything going through an ANT+ dongle.

1 Like

I’m also experiencing no controllable connection on Kickr Snap. Controllable doesn’t connect and there’s no longer a spin down/calibration option showing within Zwift.

I am running a wahoo KICKR v5 with Apple TV and the companion app and I’m not getting any resistance change to gradient at all

Yep…same here. If I do a free ride I turn the controllable OFF. Hopefully, they will fix it soon.

Like others, this update has caused ERG mode to no longer work with ATV and my Kickr (Core in my case). Please fix as any workout now not possible on this platform. Show stopper bug.

My post about controllable not paring through iOS Companion was moved to:

But I’ve been trying some things out and this pertains to both topics.

I’ve used Windows 10 on new gaming laptop since 31 July 2021. I used to use ATV 4K (2017) since December '18. When the gradient / resistance bug appeared and was not sending correctly to my KICKRv5, I rolled back the KICKR f/w to 4.1.2 which solved the issue.

1. Tried ANT+ a couple of days ago, and as expected it was a dropout-fest. Zwiftalizer said “Yikes! Your ANT+ device signal was up and down like a fiddler’s elbow”

2.Yesterday tried pairing through direct PC bluetooth, and everything paired including Controllable. Initially got a Connected - No Signal from the TICKR HRM, but then it connected, and I started an hour’s ride with Anquetil. HR dropped out a few times and then completely dropped out after 46minutes. Similar always happened when I first got the gaming laptop, end of July, so HR dropping out was happening before 1.17.x. Always said Connected - No Signal (even though it was not connected to anything else except the PC), and is why I went to Companion pairing, which was always solid until 1.17.x

@shooj
3. Today, I tried updating my KICKRv5 to the latest Wahoo firmware (4.2.3). The iOS Companion app paired to everything, including Controllable. I started my Out and Back Again freeride, expecting to encounter the random gradient / resistance issues due to being on the latest KICKR fw, so I monitored what gradient was being sent to my CLIMB via the Wahoo app (KICKR supports multiple simulations BLE connections). It was perfect. The KICKR was receiving exactly the same as was on-screen (e.g. 2% on screen, 1% sent to KICKR, as I have trainer difficulty at the default 50%)

So updating the KICKRv5 to the latest firmware [v4.2.3 - 1 June 2021 Added: Bluetooth FTMS support] seemed to fix the issue completely regarding pairing Controllable through iOS Companion, with no random crazy hard resistance when descending and super easy when climbing.

With evvery Update ist get Bad ,Bad, Bad,
Since zwift changef to Garmin, i have after evvery Update troublee.