I have a Windows desktop with a wired internet connection that runs Zwift and recently (since June 2023) I’ve been having many complete ANT dropouts (all devices disconnected simultaneously without an ability to reconnect)
- Dropouts are just in Zwift
- Dropouts are not every ride (every ~3rd) or the same time of day
- Dropouts are for all devices
- Dropouts require me to restart the game
- ANT+ connectivity continues on Garmin
- I use a TacX dongle sitting under my front wheel
- my USB ports are capable of d0 (though no dongle actually pulls more than 100mA)
- I’ve eliminated as much interference as possible including trying different wifi channels.
I’ve run zwiftalizer with an Rx fail of about ~5% (don’t seem to be allowed to post links)
Any thoughts on what else I can do/try to fix this issue?
5% Rx fail is not significant. That should not cause a problem.
Does your ANT+ device support Bluetooth? If so I would try that for comparison.
Thanks for the suggestion Paul, I’ll give that a try. Of note when my dropout occurs, ALL devices including Bluetooth are gone from Zwift until i restart the game.
Sounds similar to an issue i had many years. For me if somebody turned on a light in the garage whilst i was riding it killed my Ant+ connection.
Basically it badly affected the usb ports of my desktop.
I solved it by fitting a pci usb card into the desktop. These reacted currently to how the internals worked.
Is worth a try, they only cost a few pounds or dollars or euros etc…
If your devices support Bluetooth and you can live without ANT+, try pairing via the Companion app. That will eliminate any issues with Bluetooth or ANT+ support (dongles, USB ports, or drivers) in the PC. The fact that you lose both Bluetooth and ANT+ at the same time makes me think it’s something about the PC hardware. What are the specs for the PC?