Free Kids Accounts - Guardians Please Read

Great idea! Will be checking this out!

1 Like

Registered my 12 year old daughter for junior account earlier today. Please can you tell me how long this will take to be authorised. Thanks

Hi @Paul_Richardson2

About 10 days in normal times, but it was just Christmas holiday so there may be a huge backlog.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve tried to renew my childā€™s Zwift Kids account by filling in the consent form 7 days ago and have heard nothing. His account has now expired. How long is the backlog currently?

1 Like

My sonā€™s account just got deleted and heā€™s devastated. I filled in the new consent form back in December but obviously something went wrong. Iā€™m going to set up a new account for him but all his XP, drops, bikes and route unlocks will have disappeared.

1 Like

My sonā€™s account has also just been deleted and he is rather distraught, he has worked so hard on zwift over the last year. I did not receive any warning email from Zwift telling me that we needed to submit forms and I do not actively engage in the forum so have only just come across this thread. This seems to have been very poorly managed and I really do hope his account, drops, xp and challenge progress will be reinstated. Please help! @joules

2 Likes

Hi @Steph_Rorke4997

Welcome to the forum:

You will need to contact Zwift see the links in the first post.

1 Like

Has anyone mentioned to restore their child accounts? Iā€™m onto the support team, but really hard to get through

I agreeā€¦ I registered two kids accounts 10 month ago and never, really never, got an email mentioning to update their account settings. All their efforts are gone now, and they are due to race a national series tomorrow. I really hope it gets sorted out by tomorrow - and not in 72 hours as said in the support email.

This is managed really badly, sorry.

2 Likes

I am yet to hear anything back but I really hope their accounts can be restored, all those meters climbed and hours spent working towards levels - the kids are very committed. I can not believe they would delete without warning.

I donā€™t think anything is deleted, the account is just suspended.

1 Like

I really hope so!

Zwift support:
if your child had an account in the past, you may re-use the address associated with that Zwift membership.
Means for me they you can use the same e-mail address for the new account - and I hope it is the same as an adult account, when you cancel membership - all data are on Zwift servers and showing when I renew subscription (was 7 month later last time).
Fingers crossed for your kids, ride on!

I filled a form in for my son last night and today his account has gone. I canā€™t use my log in details, I canā€™t use the ā€˜forgot my passwordā€™ feature and when I went to create a new account using the same email, expecting it to be declined, it went through but now the account thatā€™s be created has no fancy bikes or drops etc. I do have his ID number which I was able to find from his ZwiftPower account. this shows his data up until Wednesday.

It is deleted unfortunately.

The only thing you get back is the level the child was on previously. Achievements, badges, custom bikes - all gone for good

My sonā€™s account appears to have been deleted too. I completed the COPPA form and received confirmation it was good until the end of April 2021. Thatā€™s going to be a fun conversation in the morning! Heā€™ll be so upset. Iā€™ve contacted support to see if they can sort it out, but it doesnā€™t sound hopeful.

2 Likes

Same here - son tried to join his club ride this morning, and account has gone. Checking back, the ā€œexhaustive effortā€ to get in touch was a single email back in August to a 12 year olds email account (which he didnā€™t understand, and ignored). Fingers crossed everything is restored - interested to see how others get on too

1 Like

We are in the UK and are not subject to COPPA or GDPR, but my daughter cannot log into her Zwift account for her club rides today!

1 Like

It is the same for me. I filled the new consent form in December and i had a confirmation message telling me ā€œYour child is all set! [ā€¦] No need to do anything else, once the previous code expires, the new code will immediately kick in.ā€

I have just send a message to the support to reactivate it.
Hope it work.

Hello Julie
I just finished a group ride and shortly there after a received a notice from a sex wine site indicating that they are now following me. How is this possible and what will swift be doing to prevent this seeing as there are many youth also riding on swift??! Image removed due to graphic content

1 Like