Flagging obviously crazy Watt numbers fall on deaf ears!

I’ve been in several D level races where someone has a watt meter that is throwing out crazy numbers…I flag the person as a flier during the race(for some reason you can’t after the race)…yet nothing is done…why have a feature that does nothing?? For example- 11/23/20 @19:45 Eastern Time - Crit City Race (D)…the winner lapped the field going 6.4 w/kg with an average HR of 112bpm…obviously impossible…I flagged him within 10 minutes from the start of the race and nothing has been about it…why not??

1 Like

Hi @Bogdan_Krystek, welcome to the forums.

You can also report this user via the form found in the thread below:

Unfortunately, cheating is a huge problem with Zwift in the community races. Some users might not even realize they have a poor setup, or something is wrong, others might be doing it maliciously. There are numerous threads in the forums about the issues with community racing and many good ideas on how to make it better, more fair, etc… but it doesn’t appear that Zwift is sure about how to handle it. They have some beta anti-sandbagging rules/tools in place on certain races, but they aren’t available for event organizers yet.

1 Like

You would think it would be straight forward to program obvious watt meter errors or blatant cheaters - if you exceed your category by a full 1 w/kg during a race you don’t get included in the standings and get flagged…seams pretty simple to program. And why have a flag feature during the race when you flag such a person nothing happens anyways?? D race where someone does 6.4 w/kg at 112 bpm - I flagged this person during the race… nothing happened…why have the feature??

1 Like

More than one person need to flag the same rider.

1 Like

Most people in D level races don’t know about this feature as they are relatively new to Zwift- and I just learned about it recently and now learned that 2 people need to do this…but it’s hard to do during the race and you can’t do it after the race…but 6.4 w/KG at 112 bmp in a D race shouldn’t need anyone’s flagging…should be an obvious automatic flag

1 Like

It’s more than 2, but I don’t know the exact number.

1 Like

I’ve also been in anti-sandbagging races where in D level someone pushed over 4 w/kg during the race and nothing happened but racers pushing 2.8 w/kg got flagged in the same race …doesn’t make sense

I’ve heard it was 5 people need to flag someone to remove them from a group ride (for example, bad language). I don’t know about flagging for abnormal watts. Like most things with Zwift, it’s all a bit of a mystery exactly how it works.

1 Like