(Fixed) Oct 16 update - crash iOS 13.1.2

Just confirming that, according to an email I received from Zwift support, the official word is that the update to iOS 13.1.2 causes Zwift to crash when you start a ride. And the recommended workaround suggested is to pair your trainer, etc. AFTER starting the ride. This means that you need to avoid pairing when the app first loads. The other workaround (not pedaling when loading in after pairing) was not mentioned to me, so I suspect it’s not working for a lot of people.

The support email said that a Zwift update will be rolled out to fix this, but no word on when that will be done. Presumably it won’t take too long…

The “not pedaling when loading” is not working for me. It worked once for a few minutes yesterday. But today it crashes whether I’m pedaling or not.

In other news, my Apple Watch now crashes and cannot connect to Zwift for HR.

The “not pedaling when loading” is not working for me. It worked once for a few minutes yesterday. But today it crashes whether I’m pedaling or not.

I am doing the same. Pairing after the ride starts works but not the normal way. Pick a ride then pair but whats up with that

Is there any update on this bug or a working workaround? Wanted to get some training in this afternoon but had the issue with Zwift crashing when I tried using it on my iphone on friday.

Hey Everyone!

Sorry it’s taken so long to get news out to you about this, but our Devs are hoping to have a patch out for this soon. Thank you for your patience, and remember to reach out to our support team if you ever need assistance or have questions!

1 Like

Bit of an update, managed to get zwift to launch this afternoon with no problems by not pedaling until I was inside the ride.

My iOS did update to 13.1.3 last night so not sure if that helpEd, anyway it worked, I got my training in and I’m happy!

Same issue here. Not pedaling didn’t work for me. Not pairing my Kickr until after my rider loaded did. All other sensors were paired beforehand so don’t stress about unpairing them.

I have same issue on both iphones with latest ios update, but althoigh ipad has also been updated it doesnt appear to be effected.

The official workaround till we get the patch out is to skip pairing, load into the game, then pair from the in-game Menu.

2 Likes

I have same issue. Keeps crashing with iOS 13.1.3.

Worked today. No problem. I did do forced shutdown as described in thread.

Forced shutdown doesn’t work still. I have to get in just watch and back to the menu to pair. But by that I won’t be able to choose route.

If instead of ‘just watch’ you click ‘skip’ on the pairing screen, you can select your world/route as normal from the drop-in screen, then click ‘ride’ to load into the route you chose, and once loaded in, click on the menu to go pair your items.

sae bug for me :frowning:

I’ve got the same issue. I’m a long time TrainerRoad user, but thought id give Zwift a go. Currently paying £12 a month for an app i can’t use, so not a great experience so far.

Same iOS has stopped me spinning please can we have an update about the issue

same here, without pairing it works, but if you connect your bluetooth devices it will keep on crashing

Thx a lot. Both solutions worked for me tonight, thus 2nd suggestion did not trigged the on-app time count to start. Not pedaling until connected did seem to give me the good old screen/functions. Tonights full workout was cut very slow do to the problem, but will get on the bike tomorrow - hopefully experience fully working zwift. Will report if not.

An update (1.0.41099) came out today:
• Fixed crash that could occur on iPhones when starting a ride
• Added support for watchOS 6