First Ride on the Mac

I had my 15" macbook pro linked to my apple TV. This is the experience I have been waiting for. First, it’s been a little while since I logged in (I didn’t have ready access to a PC laptop), but the graphics seemed much richer today. I noticed a lot more ambient sounds. The performance was great with no lags or other computer issues. Nice work guys!

Potential issues:
Two of my kids came to ask me what happened to the internet. I probably should have run a monitor on the bandwidth I was using, but I suspect the internet slow down they notices was result of my zwifting.

Upon “save”, the entire desktop application was gone. A ride summary page would have been nice. I have to fish the data out of strava.

Definitely need an “easy button”. It’s fun to see how life like the simulation feels, but some days I don’t care to climb a 10% grade. Simply adding a “super legs” button to make the ride less demanding would be great. You could cut out all KOMs.

Like others have said, we need a few more riding options.

Zwift doesn’t use much bandwidth, at least, not enough it should be noticeable by others.

Interesting thoughts about the ‘easy button’, but I think for that you might actually need to be segregated into a different world away from the more legitimate rides.

Thanks for the feedback. BTW, the graphics look even better if you use a cable to hook up to the TV, but wireless to the Apple TV sure is convenient.

If you’re connecting to AppleTV via AirPlay (no wired connection) then that could account for the wifi bandwidth loss.

I bet it was indeed the airplay bandwidth hogging. I might move the appletv to a dedicated wireless router to give that a test.