Family and Child Plan Request

I expect this is a business/revenue decision rather than it being technically challenging. As you say, it doesn’t sound like a difficult thing from a programming/system perspective.

4 Likes

I really hope that a family plan is put in place soon.

It isn’t long until the grand-fathered pricing ends, for those of us that were on that. And that price increase x2 isn’t that appealing, but a family plan that could cover two adults in the same household for say 1.5x the full price of two adults individually would be great.

The timing of this with it coming in to winter in the northern hemisphere and the grand-fathered pricing ending is right for something to be done now really.

8 Likes

Totaly a feature required. Me and my wife ride the same trainer not at the same time… we dont have zwift only to not pay 2x the fees. We stick to Rouvy at the moment…

6 Likes

Pay per kilometer/mile. Regardless of users in a particular account.
No discussions about summer/winter anymore, use swift on a single rainy day in summer, and ride lots of kilometers in winter. Heavy users pay more, but you could even think about a discount price starting from xx miles/kilometers to encourage usage.

2 Likes

Very keen on some form of family sharing benefit. We are a family of 4 and would all like a Zwift profile, right now it is cost prohibitive

8 Likes

Not to be a downer, but this is a TERRIBLE idea for a fitness app. You’re suggesting what the mind will only feel as a penalty for tacking on miles…right now they have the opposite approach, you get that extra +30xp if you just finish the mile. Instead, you’d be thinking “I’ll have to pay that extra nickel if I finish the mile.”

What about downhill miles? The freebies you get for ascending Epic KOM? Do you want to pay a nickel for coasting downhill at 40 watts?

7 Likes

True, didn’t think about that. It felt the same as chain/tire wear. Everything on my bike has a cost for usage. So that’s why I came with the idea. And you’re right, about the feeling on this payment method. Not a good idea.
Problem is that most people don’t use Zwift on sunny days, so they pause their subscription. So a yearly fee would be great but only if this is around $100/$125 because summer usage is low.
For the first family member: 50% discount, and every next member 75% discount. Based on adresses, like spotify does?
Don’t make the same mistake in this as Spotify did. (Family is translated in dutch means everyone related to eachother; including cousins, grandparents, etc etc.) So call it “household” or something.

And one other thing; Allow EU people to pay in dollars or change the exchange rate! Just change $ in € is completely unfair! A subscription is more than $17/month in EU now.

3 Likes

I’m amazed this isn’t already a feature as most top apps including Spotify, Netflix, Amazon have family packages. Seems unfair and a little greedy on Zwifts part to force us to pay full subs for all the family.

12 Likes

Another vote here for a better family rate please - my wife would definitely subscribe if there was a family loyalty rate…

3 Likes

And here. We’re reluctant to make a third account even though our son is keen to use it.

1 Like

There is this if they are under the age of 13: Zwift Accounts for Children

1 Like

Unfortunately my son is 15 so not going to help us.

1 Like

Vote - I have the same issue as many on here and have 2 in the same household that shares a trainer. For the most part, I’m the only one using because we refuse to pay for 2 full memberships.

2 Likes

Its good, but the minimum weight does need to be lower.

2 Likes

Pleas Please please make this happen. Family of two adults and two kids (16 yo and 14 yo) that we are trying to encourage to improve their cycling fitness. At present I pay for two full memberships - my wife and I. Paying full memberships for my kids is ridiculous and frankly will not happen. However, I would consider paying a family membership if we can all enjoy the Zwift experience.
I encourage Zwift to think carefully about the revenue model as the current arrangement seems unfair and ignores an opportunity to allow kids to train safely and experience Zwift.

9 Likes

hello, we are 3 at home to use zwift but I find the price troo high, is there way to have the opportunity to make a family subscription discounted? (sorry to use the french / english translator, my english is not very good)

5 Likes

Adding another vote for this feature request. I would be glad to pay a little extra over the standard monthly fee to allow my wife to have her own account and settings, but it doesn’t make sense to pay for a second full subscription since she doesn’t ride as much.

5 Likes

I asked about a family plan back in March of 2016 and here is what the response was then, can you beleive it hasn’t been implemented yet?

No problem. I just chatted with some of our leads regarding pricing and they are still committed to doing some form of family pricing plan and are working out the details. I emphasized that many people are asking for it and they definitely took it to heart :slight_smile:

So that was almost three years ago… Seems like they are right on it. I barely rode 200 kms per month on ZWIFT when I rode, and my wife rode maybe 30 kms so this plan was of interest to us.

5 Likes

Another vote for a family plan. I’ve just completed the tour of London part 2 and now the wife is doing it in the woman only event. Had to change the sex of the rider and weight. Forgot to change the weight before and poor lass tried pushing my 95kg up a hill. If Zwift offered a family plan they’d easily get another £5 off me a month

5 Likes

Any updates on a family plan? My wife is interested in using zwift run casually, but we’re not about to pay $30 a month for Zwift. It’s too expensive for the both of us to use it at the current pricing.

3 Likes