Failed to log in. Check internet connection - apple tv

No probs Steve, thanks for your response.

I don’t use Zwift on any other devices. I did download it onto my pc eons ago but I haven’t updated that app and haven’t launched it for a long while (only downloaded it to access our team kit for ZRL).

The only thing I can think of is that the credit card I used to set up the Zwift account expired around June-time (however, the replacement card has the same account number with the same bank and there have been no hiccups with my monthly debits).

It may be purely coincidental, but I think the log-in problem may have started around the same time as the card update (clutching at straws methinks).

Have you got a phone or other device you can install Zwift on to purely test login? You can of course try logging in to the Zwift website but that’s not quite as good a test as logging in to the game.

Hi @William_Harrison1
Shuji at Zwift HQ here. Paul may be onto something here. I looked through your server logs, and your AppleTV box was on tvOS version 15.5.1 as of July 21. By July 23 it was updated to tvOS 15.6.0, which is still the latest version as of today. Is this about the time you started running into problems?

Apple OS’s (in particular macOS) tend to reset individual app permissions to a default (restrictive) setting whenever you update to a newer version. There are differences between macOS vs iOS vs tvOS in this regard, however - you should check on the privacy settings on your ATV.

Follow these steps on Apple’s Support Site. In particular allow Location Services, Bluetooth, and App User Access.

Thanks Shuji.

The problem pre-dates the ATV 15.5.1 update (which I performed on 30th May 2022).

In fact, I posted a comment about this on June 1st on a thread entitled “Apple TV: Bluetooth Connection Problems again” where I stated that it had been happening for 1-2 months (so somewhere around April/May-time would be the start of my problems I’m guessing).

The problem briefly rectified itself at the start of June (possible coinciding with the ATV update on 30th May) but returned and is still present today.

My (dedicated) Zwift set-up hasn’t changed from day 1 (16th Nov 2020) and the ATV settings and permissions have been the same since day 1. I had no ATV log-in problems whatsoever from late 2020 until mid-2022.

When I log in on my macbook pro: no problems.
ATV: Whoa error: “Whoa! Error logging in with that account”.

Extremely annoying. I can often not use Zwift in de dedicated set-up.

What to do?

Contact Zwift support via the website so that they can troubleshoot it with you.

My problem logging into Zwift on Apple TV is now getting worse (same symptoms as the OP with a “Whoa! There was an error logging in with that account” pop-up message).

Tried to do a workout this morning (at around 10.00 BST time) and it took me 5 attempts before I could access the pairing screen (after multiple ATV restarts and Zwift force-closures). In the past, this problem could be solved with just one ATV restart, but not anymore.

Sounds like Gijs’s problem is the same as mine. Hopefully a resolution can be found soon.

For those of you getting the “Whoa” message when trying to log in, if you haven’t tried this already, try clicking on “Add existing user” then manually input your username and password and see if that works. We’ve had success with members getting in on first try with this method when getting that message.

Give it a shot if you haven’t already and let us know please.

Thanks.