Failed to log in. Check internet connection - apple tv

Can not login. When I want to login, Zwift says: Failed to log in. Check internet connectin. Ik have NO Wifi issues. This happens constantly. Prevous week I reset everything (renewd app on Apple tv, new account, everything). Anyone: PLEASE HELP !!!

Iā€™ve been having this problem for months. I was told to reboot my wi-fi router which worked for a while but the issue returned.

Best advice I can give when this happens is to force-close the Zwift app, then do a re-start (not reset!) of the ATV and then relaunch Zwift. This has never failed to work for me.

Good luck.

Hoe do you force close Zwift?

Now I get: ā€˜ā€˜there was a problem login in with that accountā€™ā€™ ā€¦ Any ideas?

Same advice as before.

Force close the Zwift app (minimize the icon then swipe it upwards off the screen). Then launch the ā€œsettingsā€ icon and do a system restart of Apple TV (takes about 30 secs). Then relaunch the Zwift app and log-in. It should work now.

Thanks, it works!

Glad I could help. Not sure what the problem is, but I pretty much have to go through that procedure before every Zwift session (not always).

ATV: At the end of a Zwift session, I always close the program via SwipeUpward. This works since months.

So do I, but it makes no difference. The next time I launch the app I run into the problems described above which requires an ATV restart and a Zwift reboot.

Ok. Thatā€™s not funnyā€¦

Force close and restart donā€™t work anymore!!! What to do?
I tried a 100 times

HELP anyone!

Iā€™m surprised more ATV users arenā€™t running into this problem.

Itā€™s now become a default start-up problem for me with every ride. Lots of di*king around before I can get it to work. In fact, my pace partner ride yesterday was my worst-ever Zwift experience with a litany of problems from start to finish (problems logging on, problems starting the ride, problems saving the ride etc).

Any kind of problem with my set-up used to be an extremely rare occurrence, now Iā€™m surprised if nothing goes wrong.

But, to answer your question. Force-closing the Zwift app and re-starting Apple TV should (eventually) be a viable work around.

Which models of ATV do you guys with problems have?

Mineā€™s an Apple TV 4K, 32GB purchased in August 2020 (sorry, but thatā€™s about the limit of my tech knowledge :smile:).

It used to be a bullet-proof, fail-safe set-up (for about 18 months) where I could just clip-in and ride. Unfortunately, thatā€™s rarely the case these days.

I donā€™t even use my Assioma pedals anymore because of problems with the Companion app Bluetooth bridge. In fact, sometimes I donā€™t even use the Companion app.

Posting ho-hum must be at least 8 characters.

1 Like

I have the latest Apple TV 4k

Notable datesā€¦

July 20 - Apple tvOS 15.6 released
August 10 - Zwift 1.28 released

When did problems arise in relation to those releases? Is everybody running the latest of everything?

Are speed tests looking good?

Iā€™m pretty ā– ā– ā– ā–  about updating everything asap, so I donā€™t think thatā€™s the issue.

I donā€™t know exactly when my log-in problems started but it was before June of this year. Since the problem appeared out-of-the-blue, I just assumed it would be rectified with a future Zwift or ATV update (unfortunately it hasnā€™t).

Iā€™ve not done a speed test for a while but wi-fi connectivity hasnā€™t been an issue for me in the past (possibly 1 or 2 drops whilst riding over the past couple of years). Nothing has changed my end in terms of hardware etc. Iā€™m simply running my Neo 2T directly to ATV via Bluetooth.

1 Like

This problem is accompanied by a pop-up message on the log-in screen which reads (something like), ā€œWhoa! Error logging in with that accountā€.

When I force-close the app and do an ATV re-start, Iā€™m usually logged-in successfully (automatically).

Can you login on another device with that same account?

Iā€™m on the latest Zwift and tvOS versions on an AppleTV 4K (earlier model) and itā€™s fine. I was just helping a friend with the latest AppleTV 4K and the same Zwift and tvOS, and that was fine too.

Sorry if thatā€™s not much help.