Events not joining :(

I have prepared to join the Roval/Specialized event 3 times, and despite being booked in, the app fails to join the event. I can’t seem to join any events either on iPad or iPhone.
Any idea what I am doing wrong? I am getting serious FOMO

Hi @James_Griffin

We will need more info on how you book these events, how long before the time.

1 Like

Generally it’s been an hour or so before the event starts that I register.
I booked tonight one the Companion app for the 9:00pm and the 11:00 when the first one failed.
I see the ability to have a reminder set as well, so know it has been booked in

Ok so you use the companion app while zwift is still closed, that is good.

Then when you open Zwift do you see the event in the top right of the screen?

You should start riding pick any world and any course then 30 before the event start you will see a join event popup in the left bottom of the screen.

Oh right, I was waiting on the Home Screen expecting it to take me where I need to go. I have not seen this particular instruction in the support topics or video. Will see if this makes a difference; thanks

1 Like

Super I hope you get to ride the event.

Let us know how it went.

RideOn

Hey that worked, good ride! Just thinking it might help to add info on needing to be riding a map when it is time for the event?

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

I agree. As a relatively new Zwifter this caught me out, too. It’s very unintuitive that you have to spawn into a world just to join an event. It’s also bizarre that you have want to change a setting or change your clothes or bike, you have to spawn into a world and then manually disgard your ‘ride’ afterwards.

1 Like

I also agree. I’ve missed my first two attempts at an event because I couldn’t work out how to join. It would be much more straightforward if you could join the event direct from the Home Screen. It would also be good if you could join an event late (perhaps for a short window of time) so that if you are doing a warmup on another course (for example) you could choose to finish that and be a few seconds late to the event and catch-up. This is all just for fun/fitness after all.

1 Like

Hi, I had a club event yesterday and registered on Monday for it. and my registration was accepted by my club.

I know i have to be in a world like Watopia and i was doing my warm up yesterday. But i didn’t get the join the event pop up. Then i selected another event and for that one i got the popup.