Erg mode not working on Wattbike Atom

Just got the new Wattbike Atom Next generation.

Tried it in Erg mode tonight, but it will not work?

It says it’s in erg mode but their is no resistance. The wattage is jumping all over the place. It’s definitely in erg mode as the gears do nothing if I try to change them.

I run Zwift off my PC laptop with Ant+. I did try it in Bluetooth but it did exactly the same.

Hi, I have the 1st generation, it had similar issues to start with but updates to the firmware have sorted it, so now I am pretty happy with it. I sounds like a firmware issue, so I would hang in there and keep looking out for updates. How is it apart from the erg issue, I was thinking of upgrading?. The 1st generation sometimes spins out on sprints, and bogs down if you stop pedaling for more than a couple of seconds, but I have got used to it.

hello, did you get anywhere with this. I have a new Atom next gen and the last 2 ERG mode sessions have had the same issue. I wasn’t sure if this is a Zwift issue of an Atom issue? I have raised a Zwift ticket and am waiting to hear back.

No never got anywhere. The customer service was so slow at Wattbike. In the end I returned the bike and got a full refund.

I have a 1st generation Wattbike overall it’s excellent - recently I changed from using an iPad to Apple TV and it’s excellent bigger screen etc. One thing I notice is that if I do my Training Peaks work out on zwift and start in ERG mode it’s fine no issues as long as I stay in ERG mode. However for some intervals shorter than say 2mins I like to turn ERG mode off . The problem is a turn off erg via the app and it shows off and then I go to pedal and there is no power to the Wattbike I got it up to 170watts at 110rpm - the gears make no difference at all - any ideas or similar issues with zwift workouts over APTV ?

1 Like