ERG Mode issues

Hey everyone!

I use kickr snap into iPad, zwift is current version and performed spindown on utility app.

When using ERG mode in a workout I find that once I get above 260+ watts it gets really hard to spin and stay on the target wattage without pushing down a bit too hard on the pedals to achieve the wattage required. When I go into the red-zone intervals it’s near impossible to reach targets as I’m pushing down as hard as I can whilst not getting close to the wattage and spinning out. I never use to have this issue before and in normal Zwift world there is no issues with putting down the watts when needed. Any tips?! Much appreciated. Trent.

Hi, I had a similar issue with my Kickr last week when ERG readings were all over the place. I too had performed the spin down using the Wahoo utility app. Turned out the issue was not doing the spin down in Zwift also - I guess this is to ensure Zwift is calibrated correctly for the trainer. Once I did this everything worked fine again. If you haven’t already done it, select the spanner icon beside the trainer icon in the pairing screen. Hopefully this helps…

Hi @trent_jansz

Welcome to the forum.

When you go from a low target to a high target you need to spin up a bit before the high target.

Also use a lower gear for training.

See this for more info: