Elite Rampa not appearing as Power Source when connecting via mobile link

I got the Elite Rampa last week, but i have not managed to pair it to zwift yet. The smart trainer is not appearing in the ‘Power Source’ box in the “Paired Devices” menu but it is being picked up the ‘Speed Sensor & Classic Trainer’, ‘Cadence’ and the “Controllable Trainer” boxes. I have tested with both Android and iOS on mobile link.

I have been in touch with support, but have not had an answer from them yet.

Anybody else experiencing the same problems? Any solutions?

Connect it as a controllable trainer, it will broadcast your watts and you will get resistance changes based on terrain. You will be limiting the trainer if you connect it as just a power source.

I have tried that, but it doesn’t provide any resistance that way

Strange it is listed as a controllable trainer, but it does say “Coming Fall 2016”.

Yeah, probably a bug that appeared in one of the latest updates. I saw one other person on this forum with the same problem. I have had a support ticket with zwift for a week now, but still no answer. 

Hi guys,

So this is the same issue we’re currently experiencing with the Elite Qubo B+ - works over native but, for some reason, ZML is only pairing 2 out of 3. It’s on the top of our priority bug fixes.

Thanks!

Thanks for the answer. Do you know when the fix will be ready? 

I still got the same problem with Android and the Mobile Link. Any Solution ?

Hello, I have an Elite Rampa too, and unfortunately I’m not able to use with Zwift.It is not recognized by the software (no result when searching), bluetooth is on (i see the icon on the screen), Rampa is working well (I’m using it with Elite software). I’m very disappointed, I choosed this home trainer because it is compatible with Zwift (it is written on the Rampa box and it’s sold with 1 month free trial).

Do you have any solution to fix the problem ?

Thank you for your help.

Hi,

+1 on when this will be fixed?  

Unpacked my shiny new Elite Rampa today and can’t get it to pair as a power source.  (Using the Mobile Link App for BLE).  I can see it as a smart trainer and as a Cadence meter but not a power source.   I don’t really want to shell out for an ANT+ dongle for the laptop!.

Matt

Hi everyone,

Our lead developer and Elite are working together to find a solution and resolve the issue as quickly as they can. Turns out it’s a bit more complicated than either of us (Zwift or Elite) thought but both teams are committed to getting this working.

Apologies!

Thanks for the quick response Eric.  

Is there anywhere I can subscribe for email updates when bug-fixes get released?  Or is there a main thread on this forum I can watch?

Ta, Matt

Hello Matt, you said that Zwift see your Rampa as a smart trainer, so Zwift can change automaticaly the resistance, isn’t it ? What is the difference with power source ? Is Rampa really a power source ? In my case Zwift don’t see anything ? Can you explain in details how you do the connexion (connexion with PC, with phone …) ?

Are you using IOS or Android phone ?

Thank you for your help.

(Sorry for my english, it’s not my language).

Hi Cyril,

Strava needs a power source (to measure rider effort) & a trainer (to change the resistance).   The trainer should automatically show up in both boxes but on Bluetooth it only shows up as the trainer (resistance).  

I bought an Ant+ dongle and this allows the solution to work (once you select FE-C trainer not the Elite Real trainer).

I am using Android phone and the app for cadence and heart rate which sends data to the Windows laptop which runs the app and picks up the Ant+ signal.

I’d prefer to have everything on bluetooth but the dongle is acceptable in my environment.

Best of luck with your setup.

Matt 

Sorry -  Zwift not Strava!! (second time I’ve done that today)

Thank you Matt for your answer. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work.

I’m in the same situation as Matt, in January…

“Unpacked my shiny new Elite Rampa today and can’t get it to pair as a power source.  (Using the Mobile Link App for BLE).  I can see it as a smart trainer and as a Cadence meter but not a power source.   I don’t really want to shell out for an ANT+ dongle for the laptop!.”

I bought the Rampa only thinking about Zwift. I’m very desappointed

Make sure you’re following our instructions for pairing with Zwift over Bluetooth. If that doesn’t solve and you’re using an Android device, you may be experiencing an issue we’re still trying to fix.

The article above includes workaround for this issue you may want to try. Hope this helps!