Elite Direto - Trainer difficulty not working w/ Zwift

My Elite Direto does not respond with any resistance while going up hill. My trainer difficulty is set to high. I’ve recalibrated. ERG mode in workouts does not work either. Thanks for the help!

Hi @Andrew_Garrett

Welcome to the forum.

Did you pair the trainer as Power and controllable, also with ANT+ use the FE-c option.

1 Like

You have to pair everything with “ANT+ FE-C” or with Bluetooth.
If you pair it with “Elite Real Trainer”, it’s the old ANT+ and won’t work.
I have a Direto X and know this from experience.

1 Like

Thanks Ben! I only see one option when selecting a Power Source - called “DI 24”. Same goes for my Controllable options. Do you think I’m missing something?

I connected to the Power Source & Controllable named “DI 24”! But I did this using bluetooth

Mine shows “Elite FE-C 2672439” (The number is sth like that) for Power, Controllable and Cadence.

I only pair with ANT+ FE-C since I don’t have Bluetooth on my PC.

Hi Andrew, I have the same problem and after three days have still not heard back from Elite. My unit has been working fine for two years and no for no reason the resistance is way to low. Did you find any solution to this issue? Cheers, Robert (p.s. so frustrating the customer service from Elite is so bad and this isn’t the first instance where this has been the case. And don’t even get me started about the power fluctuations)

I am having this issue as well. Suddenly my Direto is no longer responding to elevation changes in Zwift. I’ve tried unpairing and re-pairing, recalibrating and not having any success. If anyone has any suggestions I’m all ears! Thanks!

Are you running it on AppleTV? I’m having this problem too. I found if I run it on my ipad/phone it works perfectly. The appleTV app killed it last update.

If you aren’t running it on Appletv I have no idea.

Yes, I’ve been running it on Apple TV all this time. I’ll try the ipad tomorrow.

Please report back!

I will after my ride tonight, but I’m skeptical now because Apple TV’s last update was Jan 26, 2021. This only started on Mar 6, 2021 for me.

So see my other thread. I had a break through this morning. I worked out that if I pair my trainer to the apple tv directly it works beautifully. Can still use companion app but not for bluetooth.

Clearly it limits the number of connections but it’s a workaround.

Mine was paired directly to Apple TV. I just tried the ipad and no difference there :frowning:

I’m sorry to hear mate. It must be a different issue. :frowning:

Thanks for jumping in and offering suggestions :slight_smile:

1 Like