Difference in BT support for Zwift and Companion app?

I can get my sensors to work fine with the Zwift app on my Samsung Galaxy S8, but not when pairing the same sensors using the Companion app (and using Zwift on a PC). Has anyone else seen or had similar issues?

I’ve worked through my previous issues with ANT+ sensors connecting to Zwift running on my Samsung Galaxy S8 by purchasing a 4iiii Heart Rate Monitor (and bluetooth bridge). I’ve paired my ANT+ speed/cadence sensor to the HR monitor, and have been using both with Zwift fairly well for 4-5 weeks now.

When trying to use the same sensors via Zwift on a PC, but connecting the sensors through the Companion app on the same phone that runs Zwift just fine, it doesn’t see all the sensors. It sees the HR monitor, and the cadence portion of the speed/cadence sensor, but not the speed sensor. Obviously that’s a non-starter (and that little squirrel constantly popping up telling me to enable bluetooth while trying to debug the Companion app is a little annoying, but that’s beside the point!).

Is there a difference in setup for the Zwift app vs the Companion app when talking to BT sensors on android?
Maybe specifically ANT+ to BT bridges?
Or even specifically ANT+ to BT bridges with multiple sensor types in a single device?

Thanks!

Have you tried unpairing the sensors from the Zwift app on your phone and making sure that the Zwift app on your phone is closed properly (maybe restart the phone) before trying to get it to connect to the PC?

Thanks for the reply!

I did fully close out (and force stop) the Zwift app before switching over to Companion, but I did not restart the phone. I can try it, but seems unlikely.

Doesn’t seem to make sense it’d pick up 2 of the 3 sensors coming out of the same bluetooth bridge, regardless.