Delivery Quests

I just got my son onto Zwift. He is a big gaming buff. He is loving it but a little disappointed that Zwift hasn’t done more to provide interesting quests. He mentioned an online game he has played called Euro Truck Simulator 2. Central to that game are delivery quests that you have to complete to multiple locations in a set timeframe. This seems like a great fit for Zwift. Given the multiple landmarks and choose your own route options, you could come up with a number of interesting quests for someone to complete against the clock. Thanks for the consideration.

I really like this idea! I’m also a bit of a gamer (ETS included, but also things like Crazy Taxi from my younger years!) and delivery quests would be a fun way to implement both a “Reward by time” mechanic - earning minor rewards such as drops, jerseys, accessories, xp, and badges as you gain “points” for completing deliveries quickly, and also an “automated route-finder” between point A and B on any given map.

Since Zwift is basically a game with a different controller, it would also make sense to keep the “gamified” side of it playing to its advantage as well.

1 Like

This sounds like what you’re looking for https://www.ridehustlecity.com (signed up for the beta a couple of months ago, haven’t heard anything since)

2 Likes

Sort of, maybe, but ideally within the Zwift game, leveraging the Zwift worlds and interface, and groups of friends made through Zwift… You get the idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

Of course, but if you want it before 2025…

Zwifthacks had a game called goldrush that is similar to what you are looking for, @Jesper_ZwiftHacks is that still a thing?

1 Like

That was ZwiftGPS - https://www.zwiftgps.com/ - and is still there

3 Likes

Shows the concept, but similar with ZwiftGPS, bolt-ons aren’t practically a solution. The barrier of entry for most Zwifters is too high to get good adoption. I think it should be as simple as selecting the Everest Quest for example. Also, I think there has to be in-game rewards. That’s a key part of keeping it engaging. How many people would sign up for the Everest Quest if there was no Tron bike at the end of it :slight_smile:

Shows the concept, but I don’t think bolt-ons are a good solution. The barrier of entry for most Zwifters is too high to get good adoption. I think it should be as simple as selecting the Everest Quest for example. Also, I think there has to be in-game rewards. That’s a key part of keeping it engaging. How many people would sign up for the Everest Quest if there was no Tron bike at the end of it :slight_smile:

Just about everyone because there is only 3 “quests” and the other two are very quick and easy.