Deleting Unwanted ZwiftPower Results - A Primer

For transparency here, I’d like to provide some context and a brief explanation:

Right now, we are working slowly but surely through our backlog of rider reports and appeals. The reason we’re going slowly is because it’s currently just me looking at them, and each case needs to be weighed carefully - whether it’s “legit” or not. We’re also working on making and refining a process to make sure that if you’re suspended for any reason, it’s clear to you why and what the next steps are.

Right now, it’s definitely less than ideal and points like yours are the feedback we need.

Your account in particular had a report made against it almost 3 weeks ago, and it’s merely coincidence that your suspension arrives in what appears to be a sudden manner for you.

Personally, I’m not out to ban people and usually I give them the benefit of the doubt. While I’m sure you’re not cheating deliberately, the pieces that you say you provided - which I see in our inbox at this moment - are exactly the things we need to look at, weigh, and enable us to say “yes, okay, that’s legit.”

The other side of it is that if we have reports made against a profile - no matter how many times - we have riders that say we aren’t taking it seriously to keep ZwiftPower clean and legit. You can see that we’re in a bind here: if I suspend you I’m the bad guy, and if I don’t then I’m also the bad guy.

I’ll look into your case personally within 24-48 hours, and we’ll continue communication via email.

For everyone else reading this:

• If you’re suspended, you can always appeal that. Please email us at zwiftpower@zwift.com with pieces that support your legitimacy.

• If you’re reporting someone, please have some patience. We want this process to be equitable, fair, and clear, and we’re working out what that means for us long term.

Remember: we want people to race fairly, have fun, and get fitter. We’re taking your reports seriously and we don’t suspend riders right off the bat or on a whim.

1 Like