Dear Zwift, You're not listening

It’s difficult to convey tone over the internet so please take everything I’m writing in the spirit of being constructive and empathetic, not an attack.

You want new UCI maps. I couldn’t care less for them and I suspect the average Zwift user feels same. I say this because Zwift has far more data about its users than we do and probably has a pretty good idea of what will appeal to most people.

I think Zwift is listening but their challenge is updating a piece of software that started a decade ago as a garage side-project and they have to be very cautious about updates so as not to break the system. This pre-dates my coming to Zwift but I’ve read about the “grand outages” they had in past.

I’d love to see more content like an expanded Watopia but I am eternally grateful that when I hop on my trainer bike, I am 100% sure it’s going to “just work.” (disclosure: using AppleTV or iPad, the app hasn’t crashed in, like, ever)

They’re also going to be cautious about disclosing what they’re working on to avoid giving their competition an advantage.

Lest you think I don’t have a laundry list of feature requests, here’s one that got a lot of attention and I’m sure Zwift is aware of: Companion App UI cleanup: DELETE BUTTONS

They’ll get there. In the meantime I’m enjoying Zwift for what it is.

3 Likes