Day 2 tour de Zwift: still huge lags!

There were issues in the 11am GMT Richmond ride. Only about 1300-1400 riders, whereas typically it’s been the larger events. I did better than in stage 1 (see previous thread), in that I did finish, but my first lap was ruined and my second was lonely.

I was not on this ride, I was on the 9am CST Richmond one. I wasn’t personally affected, but I can corroborate that some people were complaining about issues in chat as well. I think the ride I was on may have been about 2,000 riders total.

Yes, part of my plan in finishing was also to compare the first and second halves of the event. I’ve not used Zwiftalizer before, but it was mentioned in the stage-1 thread, so I want to have a go with it.

Edit: here’s the analysis for the stage 2 (Richmond) ride where the first lap was laggy and the second lap normal (yesterday, 09-Jan-2021): You can see the difference easily! There’s a slight improvement just after noon, maybe as the first riders finished, and then a sudden tipping point when it recovers almost instantly. As I said, in Zwift time, the long flatline section and the shorter normal section represent almost the same elapsed periods - in fact the flat-line part is slightly shorter (just less than the first lap).