Cycling calibration

Prior commencement of game, was high lighted by a spanner icon to conduct a spindown calibration, simple enough process, followed directions at conclusion it indicates SUCCESS; however spanner :wrench: icon remaining and therefore unable to participate in game as Avatar has no wattage.

Hey @Philip_Coleiro, what trainer do you have. Can you use the manufacturer app to calibrate?

Inability to calibrate shouldn’t effect your avatars ability to move in the game.

Apologize for not getting back sooner, trainer is Jet-black Volt EMS, just had another go and everything is working, to calibrate trainer require I phone not my Android cheers

Just had the same problem occur this morning. Calibrated on Zwift and Tracx app and hasn’t resolved the problem. Can’t train which is really annoying.

If you’re saying that Zwift doesn’t register any watts for you, then that’s not a calibration problem and is something else - likely either a setup issue or a faulty trainer.

I suggest starting a new thread and posting up more details about your setup, and ideally a screenshot of your pairing screen.

Same problem as original thread. Spanner appears next to trainer for calibration which once completed doesn’t go away. Showing wattage but cadence is ranging between 1 and 256 every few seconds and even I’m not that fast.
Problem didn’t exist before spanner appeared.

Which trainer do you have? If it’s not a Zwift Hub, you should test and calibrate it using the manufacturer’s app, not in Zwift. I’m unsure how calibration would affect cadence reporting - I haven’t heard of that being a problem.

Hi Paul, Its a Tacx Trainer and I have calibrated it a number of times using the Tacx App but don’t understand why the spanner icon keeps appearing when logging in to Zwift. All has been fine until Friday morning so will have another look this evening.

What happens when you ride using the Tacx app instead of Zwift? Is the cadence stable? Is the firmware up to date? You shouldn’t need to pay any attention to Zwift’s offer to calibrate it.

Seems fine with my Tacx App and believe I am running the latest firmware. Will double check everything again tonight