Custom Workouts - Does Not Allow Interval Less Than 10 seconds

When I try to add 5-6-7 second efforts to a Zwift Custom Workout, it does not accept it and automatically changes it to 10 seconds. Maybe this is a data entry check that assumes the minimum should be 10 seconds. Is this assumption necessary, for some reason? If not, please change it to allow effort as short as 5 seconds. Thanks.

Hey @Greg_Avonto that is currently a function, I’ll look into if that minimum will be lowered at some point. Thanks!

Hi Vincent:

I realize there may be a technical reason for setting a minimum at 10 seconds. If there is no technical reason, please request that it be lowered to 5 seconds. Intervals shorter than 10 seconds can be used to train the ATP-CP system (one reference: The Importance Of Interval Training For Athletes.). Thanks!

2 Likes

Noted and will pass this suggestion on, thank you!

Can you re suggest this … bit annoying

1 Like

You might be able to modify the workout file directly and change it from 10 seconds to a smaller number. Let us know.

No, I belive the 10 second thing is a new thing, as my files are 5 seconds ( 4 * (1:55 @ 96% & 0:05 @ 180%)) but have become 10 seconds when working out and in the editor

Any updates on the requested 5 sec intervals

Confirmed! You can modify the workout file (example: change 10 seconds to 5) and it works in-game.

Hi,
Any news on this feature ?

I would be very happy to use intervals less than 10 seconds !