Connection Disconnected

When I get time I’ll see if I can decode what is being sent in those 4Mb bursts.

2 Likes

During yesterday’s TTT I got alternating “Connection disconnected” and “Connection unstable” messages for the entire ride with only brief pauses. I always saw the others and they always saw me, but the message just wouldn’t go away. Sorry, I can’t provide a log file as I’m on AppleTV.

We were on Discord with video chat as always, that has always worked just fine although I have a very slow internet connection. Yesterday was the first time I saw this happening. Haven’t changed anything in my setup, have the latest updates installed. No messages during free ride without Discord, so it seems the data rate of Zwift has increased and in combination with Discord video chat my internet connection is reaching its limit. Really nerve wrecking during a TTT.

Do you have one drive on?

Mine have stopped now and the only thing I have changed is i’ve turned one drive off.

Mine did coincide with Makuri being the world for the tour de zwift.

1 Like

That’s interesting. I don’t use OneDrive, but I’ll check for similar background services and report back.

1 Like

i might try turning mine back on to see if the problems return.

i think the problems are zwift’s side due to the huge number of group rides at the moment and all the robopacers involved.

I would concur with this, and hope it’s something they will look into. The messages really blunt the Zwift experience.

1 Like

I don;'t really know what they add either? what am I meant to do with the information?

i’ll know if i properly lose connection as all riders will vanish otherwise leave me to it! Or let me cancel it and don’t tell me again.

It’s not really the message I mind, it’s whatever was changed that has started causing this message to appear. It seems reasonably likely at this point that something has changed on the Zwift side of the equation, and I just want them to correct it.

3 Likes

I’m getting this issue since the update.

Well… I DO hate when people in any online forum answer with really obscure works-only-for-them information, but is that going to stop me? It is not!

We have very strong internet, but I too was getting the Connection Disconnected banner. When it would drop I would still show lots of bars on my computer for WiFi, but…

My particular home internet is run by Google Home devices. In that system (maybe others?) I can prioritize my computer over the 12 other devices in our house that share the internet. Everyone else gets to stay online, but it does give me stronger signal than, say, my wife and kid both streaming different movies at the same time.

Since I’ve tried prioritizing my Zwift computer for a couple hours I haven’t gotten the Connection Disconnected banner. Could be coincidence, but…

It’s coincidence.

1 Like

switch it back to how it was and see if it comes back - my guess would be it is just coincidence.

It’s as much coincidence as it is how random the messages appear.

I don’t think it is actually random but due to something we don’t see, something like which server you connect to, how many other people are on it, how many people are in group rides, how often their positions are changing in those rides etc

it has to be down to zwift’s bandwidth maxing out for some users.

1 Like

I’d say given that list of possibilities it makes it pretty random if you get it or not. :wink:

I’m definitely in the Zwift server side camp though.

Oh dear. I fear for the Tour of Watopia next month. A bit like the roll-out of Neokyo when the Companion App went down for over a month with no apparent interest, involvement or urgency shown by Zwift in remedying the problem.

Is this still an issue for people? Now affecting me as well (setup been stable for >2 years, no change to my setup but constant disconnects since jan 2023)

This happened to me for the first time today. Got 60 minutes into a ride and my wife hopped on her peloton and that’s when my connection was interrupted. 375 or so riders on the group ride. This hadn’t been an issue before but she did connect her new AirPods to her peloton, wondering if that could affect my connection? An additional device searching for a network?

Replying to my own message- also posted in similar titled thread under “bugs and support”

Tested on pc and stable in group rides/races. Last night tested on apple TV using wired connection to extender (which is connected wirelessly to main router)- again stable. I have the zwiftalizer log files from the pc session, but don’t know how to interpret them. The ping test on zwiftalizer shows average 175ms (in UK), but with occasional spikes to 550ms. Presumably these ping spikes are what causes the issue, but it’s handled differently on apple TV (wirelessly) vs pc/wired apple TV?

After 6 months of using zwift, started happening to me today for the first time. Only change was zwift update this morning.