@shooj I too am having the same issue. 2 of us at home typically ride at the same time. Both of us have 2 different Win10 machines with ANT+ USB A device & Bluetooth (built in). We both prefer ANT connections when the same sensors shows BT & ANT. Both have latest zwift installed. I have latest gen Kickr Core, Wahoo Cadence & HRM. She has Garmin ANT-only HRM, Bontrager duotrap Cadence & Wahoo Speed sensors. Classic Fluid 2 Cyclops trainer. No power meter.
We’ve experienced issues since November, ever since I got the Kickr and she got my hand-me-down prior classic setup. Every so often one of our rides gets messed up mid-ride - either my watts drop to 0 or hers go wild (I have higher ave w/kg). If my trainer is turned on when she launches Zwift she always sees a connected power meter, and controllable trainer. She always unpairs them on the initial sensor screen. She only connects HRM, cadence, and speed sensors, as outlined above.
Today I tried two more things that added to my troubleshooting and frustration level, eventually finding my way here:
I did an indoor ride with all the sensors and Kickr trainer connected to my Wahoo Elemnt Roam computer in virtual route mode.
No Zwift at all. Halfway through my ride, my watts on the Elemnt dropped to zero, Elemnt auto-paused while I was throwing a consistent 200+ watts at it. Kept pedaling, hit manual resume, and ~10 seconds later my watts were back.
Same thing a couple minutes later.
A few seconds after that, she walks into the room saying her zwift kept connecting to my trainer, so she just stopped altogether.
Eventually I finished my ride, upset at her and noting the real issue was the tech, and as the IT guy of the house I tried to fix. Had it worked, I wouldn’t be writing this long post…
After closing Zwift on her machine, I went to prefs.xml, cross compared LASTCONTROLLABLETRAINER and LASTPOWERDEVICE, and as I’m sure you already know, they were the same. I left the elements in the XML, but changed the last 4 digits of each to 9999. Save file. Restarted Zwift (with my trainer still turned on in other room) and eventually my trainer auto-connected again. Frustrating.
Exit program. Open prefs.xml. Deleted the two above elements and LASTTRAINERDEVICE while I was at it. Save and close xml. Open Zwift. Manually setup her classic trainer again. Again my trainer auto-connected. Super frustrating.
Exit program. Open prefs.xml. Deleted the elements again. Save and close xml. Renamed knowdevices.xml to OLDknowndevices.xml. Open Zwift. Manually reconnect everything again (took a while to get cadence & HRM to pair, kept toggling between Not Connected and ERR for cadence, etc) Once again, my trainer eventually reappeared. Beyond frustrated.
At this point my 3+ months of troubleshooting has led to this longwinded, but hopefully helpful to the devs post. I’m open to just about anything at this point - and yes, we’ve both already gone through the whole uninstall Zwift, restart, delete everything from Program Files + Documents reinstall, etc.