Config option to stop avatars drinking

Can we have an option to stop the avatar drinking?
Mine just drank about 100 times in 30 minutes.
It’s distracting and a bit irritating

To get your avatar to stop drinking, just change to one of the (many) bikes that doesn’t have a water bottle. I have found that most of the bikes with the water bottle are ‘entry level’ bikes (presumably to remind people just starting Zwift to drink regularly), so hopefully you’ll have some good options for a change.

2 Likes

After all that drinking its just as well they don’t have a “nature break” animation.

3 Likes

Bump. Still need a “no drink” option my avatar was drinking after 300 metres of starting then constantly whilst going up the Alpe Du Zwift, crazy. The drinking by avatars is excessive.

1 Like

Yeah deeply annoying

Just change to a bike that doesn’t have a bottle on it and your avatar will stop drinking.

I don’t want to ride a TT bike in the bunch, you get no draft.

The drinking algorithm in Zwift is preposterous.

The avatars drink more than someone who’s chronically dehydrated.

One of the many dull features of Zwift that detract from the experience not enhance it

Ride the Zwift Concept bike. That has no bottle.

Also the algorithm for drinking is actually linked to your effort/cadence.

So if you’re drinking regularly it means you’re not putting sufficient effort in. Your avatar doesn’t drink when you are putting in big efforts.

Plenty of non-TT bikes without bottles. Most of the bikes with the bottles are actually ’entry level’.

1 Like

I don’t think that can be correct.
I did a threshold effort up the alp.
I wouldn’t drink once riding for about 60 minutes at threshold IRL. My avatar drank almost constantly.

The algo for drinking is preposterous, it would be good to hear from a zwift developer how they trigger the avatar to drink.

The avatar doesn’t trigger it. The bike does. Change bikes, problem solved.

It’s not about matching what you would do IRL.

It’s about the algorithm around your effort.

As Nigel has stated, change bike & it’ll stop.

I’m sure that is not it either. It seems to be triggered by proximity to other riders mainly. Anyway it’s a dull and annoying feature. I don’t want to have to try and find a frame to stop the avatar drinking it just needs an option to switch off permanently.

I just told you I did a threshold effort for an hour, it’s unrelated to effort.

Perhaps Zwift thinks your threshold effort is low and falls into the leisurely time for a drink category.

What equipment are you using? Perhaps it’s a cadence issue.

It’s a zwift dev issue, they add features they think are realistic but they’re gimcrack.

I suspect none of them ride IRL

That’s a sweeping statement with absolutely no evidence.

Eric i think has a little riding experience

You’ve had some advice.

I’m out before you make further derogatory comments.

Get Eric to tell us then. You clearly don’t know… bye

You are incorrect. Switch bikes. In-game I ride a Canyon Aeroad. No water bottle on the bike. My avatar NEVER drinks.

Yeah - it took me a while to figure out why my avatar never drinks these days, then I realised it’s because I’m using the Aeroad (with the Zwift Academy paintjob) all the time!