Companion option is grayed in paired devices window on the setting button. Please helps

is the device that is running the ZCA connected to the same WiFi as your PC?

Hi paul,
Yes it is.
Thanks

Does the device running ZCA have bluetooth enabled? Also, look to make sure ZCA is connected to Zwift by looking for the background to change from an orange border to blue.

Hi,
Yes device is connected to bluetooth. See attached pic of my background.

Is that connected? If not how do i connect the zca? Usually its automatic

The ZCA connects to the Zwift app over WiFi (simplifying it) not Bluetooth. I am that the ZCA is running on an iOS device, if that is the case click on More>Settings>Device Connections and make sure it’s on.

Tha companion app is not connected to Zwift is your screen shot. When it’s connected it looks like this

Check your network setting on both your device and computer to make sure you’re logged into the same wifi.

Eta: make sure also that you are logged into the same account on both Zwift and the companion app.

The companion app seems to take a long time to connectto game mode and once there it drops connection if I need to open another app. Is there an option to choose game mode/home screen, or are we just at the mercy of when it decides it wants to switch over? I am conected to the wifi network, running iPhone, and Apple TV.

Mine connects right away as soon as i log into zwift, and the connection is stable.

The fact that yours lags and is unstable makes me wonder if there maybe is a lot of throughput on your wifi, overwhelming it and causing the instability.

Zwift for some reason stopped working with the Bluetooth on my PC. I kept getting the same error, that my BT was turned off, but it was on and working. So I decided to use the Companion App for BT connection but the option to switch to Companion was grayed out. I’m an IT analyst so I thought this should be an easy fix, NOT. Long story short, I created a second Admin account on my PC and logged into the new account. I then opened Control Panel, System, Advanced System Settings, User Profiles, I then deleted the old admin Windows profile. NOTE: Before doing deleting the old profile, copy your desktop, favorites, and documents to a temp directory or flash drive. After deleting, I logged back into the old account and opened Zwift. Bluetooth was still not available but the Companion App. was no longer grayed out and I was able to connect my trainer, HR, and Cadence to Zwift using the Companion App on my phone. Gotta ride.

I am using the latest versions of Companion and Zwift on Windows 10 and this problem persists. I have already made all possible possibilities. I believe it is an error that needs a FIX.