Companion App keeps going to "Home" after switching apps

Companion App updated to 3.61.0 (Android 14), keeps going to “Home” after switching apps and I have to keep selecting “Game” from the menu every time. Even just switching to something else for a split second will trigger it.

@Brian_Wakem Thank you for the report - I’ll raise this back to the team.

Same issue for me! Had this issue around early 10 months ago, then it was solved after Christmas last year. Now back to same issue. I go on to zwift companion android, latest firmware on phone and zwift (xiaomi 13t pro). If I go to “game” in companion or visit my profile or do whatever. Once I switch apps, to like discord, messenger or spotify, anything. The companion app resets and I am thrown out to home page. Most irritating thing ever. I have checked that the app never use battery saver and have every permission possible available. Still it resets everytime. Hate it

@Brian_Wakem @_1_Sebastian_VELOS

Hi folks, can you please confirm: When you experience the issue, how are you switching back to Zwift Companion?

i.e. Are you selecting the Zwift Companion icon on your home screen or in a toolbar etc., or are you using the OS’s “app switcher” feature?

@Brian_Wakem I looked at your attached video and it seemed like you might be switching via the toolbar at the bottom of the screen, but it wasn’t quite clear. Thanks for any clarification.

I tried every way :slight_smile:
I leave either with using phone home button to or through notifications to other apps

I enter back to zwift companion either from home screen or phone app drawer (you the drawer with all current open apps).

Neither works. The app resets every single time when jumping out of the app. So if I am riding, using “game feature” inside the app to chat or whatever, once I jump to spotify. Zwift companion resets on entering back/returning.

I am using the Z icon in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen.

Thanks folks, that’s helpful. The team is investigating.