Coasting on ZWIFT - Impossible

If you are going uphill, no auto-braking is applied.

That said, what was the other (third?) type of auto-braking then that was removed?

There was no other type.

There was an old auto-braking when coasting (when not in an event) that was removed.

Hi Petar
Not sure if I am understanding you correctly, but if I stop pedaling on anything other than a hill my avatar coasts and only gradually slows down as per real life. I am using a smart trainer and the trainers built in power meter. I also have a power meter on the bike. If I use that instead of the trainers power meter, then I no longer have the advantage of the trainers heavy fly wheel, which is what replicates the slowing down like in real life. When using the bike power meter, if I stop pedaling the avatar starts to slow almost instantly and I come to a stop very quickly. So are you using a bike power meter? If so that would explain what is happening.

Yes, pedal-based powermeter users will be more disadvantaged than those who use some other types of smart trainers. I think some smart trainers will even replicate slight downhills by self-powering their flywheels without pedaling required. Another reason IMO that the legacy rule code (that nobody really can say what they’re really accomplishing) should just be deleted. Inability to coast is an unnatural experience, and Zwift in most other things at least has indicated that they normally try to provide a natural experience.

I don’t use any power-meters, not sure why is that important now
today I drove outdoors for a change and I instantly felt huge difference, I did go slower overall, (average speed of activity was lower) but in reality I was able to coast very well even on the smallest downhills like 1-3% while on zwift the avatar stops, it only coasts well if decline is 3-4% or higher which doesn’t make sense

i’ve always considered zwift to be closer to track cycling than road cycling, if i were to say it was similar to either