Clearer Route Directions

When cycling around any of the courses using the ‘surprise me’ route option at the beginning of my ride, I’d love it if it were clearer which direction I needed to go to stay on a current route. For example I start cycling in Watopia and notice that the timer has kicked in at the top of the screen as I have started the ‘Hilly Loop’ without aiming to do that route initially. I like the idea of staying on the loop and seeing what time I’ll get but when the turning options appear I don’t know which I need to take to stay on that route and allowing Zwift to make the decision for me often turns me off the loop. If there was a way to make this clearer I think this would be a really useful addition?

1 Like

Well the course name says it already, “surprise me”. This is a random ride and will not follow any specific routes. When coming up to an intersection you’re always free to adjust the suggested way. If you want to ride a specific route select it in the course selection or make yourself familiar with the map. After awhile it will be pretty easy for you to know where to go. I do agree you need to get used to the way icons appearing which can be misleading or not quite clear. I think Zwift could do something on that line.

1 Like

Anthony is absolutely right. Zwift needs dynamic route selection. Many times I’ve wanted to finish a climb or loop, after the timer has started, but I don’t know the turns (and frankly I don’t want to even think about the turns). Just allow me to change the route mid ride. Likewise I may decide that I want to ride with another rider that just started Zwifting and I spotted him or her on the map. Give me the option to join that rider.

1 Like