Can't pair both Controllable and Power signals separately [1.15.0] [July 2021] [SOLVED]

I check with zwift support last week…

“ I’ve checked with our team and they’re working on a fix.

While we don’t have any time estimate to provide, power matching is a pretty popular feature for a lot of our members who have power meters on their outside bikes and the fix will come from our end and all you should have to do is keep your Zwift app up to date… “

1 Like

Rubbish response. Happy to keep billing you when they acknowledge it’s there issue mind you.

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue using IPad Pro on latest iOS.

Unable to use my Garmin Rally RS200 (to record power and cadence) with my Wahoo Kickr Snap (as controllable trainer) together. It’s one or the other.

Is it zwift or ios?

2 Likes

From what I understand from Zwift tech support, it is a Zwift issue that they are working on resolving. The more feedback like yours the better! From what they have told me, they are trying to collect as many reports as possible on this issue in order to resolve it as quickly as possible. Thanks for posting.

1 Like

Doesn’t look like it’s been fixed in the latest update

2 Likes

agreed. just tested and no change. still broken.

I’ve just cancelled my sub.

1 Like

Just gonna drop this temporary solution until this gets fully addressed.

For reference: I use zwift companion to connect everything and using a windows PC for zwift itself.

1. Unpair your power meter under “power meter”.
  2. Pair your trainer under “power meter”. Then search for your trainer under “smart trainer”. It takes a few seconds to show up in the list.
  3. Unpair your trainer under “power meter” and pair your power meter instead. If you want to use your power meter for cadence, do the same under “cadence”.

I need to do this every time I launch zwift, which is kind of annoying but it works. I think the May update caused this issue and I am surprised they did not address it in the July update.

EDIT: I’ve confirmed that this workaround still works (for me) after the July update.

1 Like

the bug didn’t exist untill the “update” a few weeks ago, surely they know what they did ?

this workaround worked after the may update. ( had to do every fp onnection) but failed to work after the june update… how diffucult can a bug introduced by the zwift programmers to a working app, be to fix ?

1 Like

I got the same problem, using an ipad with a 4iii PM and a Tacx Flux S.
Used the PM as power source and the trainer to control resistance.
Does not work anymore since the latest update.

I can see both as power source, but if I choose the PM Zwift can’t find the Trainer as controllable trainer.
Annoying as no proper way to do my workouts now.
Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

3 Likes

Sadly, doesn’t work for everyone, for me when you go back to do step 3 it clears the controllable pair.
I will have to go back to Trainer Day to get my workouts until this is fixed, which pairs up just fine.

1 Like

Same issue for me as well after the most recent release yesterday. There are a few other threads that have popped up since yesterday reporting the same, appears to be all iOS users from what I can tell. Assiomo duo power meter/kickr18 cannot switch controllable source to kickr after pairing power meter as power/cadence. Attempted the “temporary solution” several times, didn’t work for me. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

2 Likes

Support sent me here. But it’s just confirming it’s broken for many. Ios14.6 (and 14.7 that just got realease) on iPhone12 and Apple tv4k. Since 1.15.0 updated for me today. Direct on app Or via the companion app. My Wahoo kicker as a power source/controllable trainer. Or. Assioma pedals as power and cadence. (I use trainer as power/control and pedals as cadence as I have an older kickr

But not both at the same time. So is it a BLE power issue. That the software can’t see both “power” devices at the same time. :frowning:

2 Likes

I contacted support as well, was asked to monitor this thread as you were. Your scenario is a bit different however as you are using the kickr for power and the controllable and the duos just for cadence. I would guess it is something along those lines (BLE) as you suggested. Hoping this gets addressed quickly.

hello, Ive the same problem after latest update.

1 Like

Hey all - did a little housekeeping and merged several threads into one.

We found the suspected cause and are working on verifying the fix works. I’ll update this thread as we make progress toward a patch. Thanks for your patience.

12 Likes

Yep I’m having the same problem after recent update

1 Like

Just wanted to pile on. Same issue for me with iPad, 4iii, Tacx Neo.

1 Like

Just wanted to log that I’m having the exact same version of this problem as you, using a P2M NG Eco, I’m no longer able to use it for cadence data with a Kickr as power/controllable. Seems that I can swap to a standard Wahoo Cadence sensor as an interim workaround at least …

1 Like