This is the discussion thread for players who are having problems pairing to the controllable trainer signal using the iOS version of the Zwift Companion app v3.28.0. We are working on a fix for this issue.
- Can pair to other Bluetooth signals, but not the trainer’s controllable signal.
- Using the Companion app on an iOS device
- Using Companion as a Bluetooth bridge rather than using your computer’s native Bluetooth capability
- Use the native Bluetooth capability of your laptop / device running the Zwift game app if that’s an option.
- If your laptop does not have Bluetooth LE (v.4.2) built in to its motherboard - a USB dongle can add that capability to your laptop. If weighng this option - consider an ANT+ dongle instead of a Bluetooth dongle. It will allow you to pair to trainers and heart rate monitors that broadcast over ANT+, and many players find this protocol allows versatility and improved reliability.
Please also see this Support Hub article for details on the various ways to connect ANT+ and Bluetooth devices.