Cannot run - mac app keeps freezing then crashing

The app applied patches and updated itself today. Since then, cannot do the run. It won’t connect to devices. Force Quit. Reopen. The app then finds all the running devices. click Go and it disappears to then barf a system error. I have deleted and redownloaded the app. No love.

Same on Windows with the very latest version (1.0.43645) when trying to start a run.

Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000001d6107

Zwift replied right away. I’ll paste it below. I got it to work (before the help below) by (mac) deleting the app and renaming the root folder holding the configuration files. I reinstalled and I was able to do a run with all the features as they normally are. I had to turn down the sounds like I normally prefer but I was successful.

Here was Zwift’s prompt reply. Like I say, I haven’t tried this but there are now 2 solutions to try. Thanks:

I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble launching Zwift, but I’m happy to help!

Zwift’s launcher runs off of the web browser that is built into your computer’s operating system. For Mac it’s Safari. This applies, even if you normally use a different web browser for web surfing or have a different browser set as your default.

If you’re seeing JavaScript errors when launching Zwift, this is usually a sign that your browser cache and cookies need to be cleared, and I’ve included instructions to correct this below.

To clear Safari​:

• Launch Safari.
  • Choose ‘History’
  • Choose ‘Clear History’ at the bottom of this menu.
  • In the popup, select ‘All History’ from the pull-down menu.
  • Click ‘Clear History’.

​Once your cache, cookies, and temporary internet files are cleared, and you’ve exited the web browser, Zwift should launch normally. However, if you continue receiving script errors afterward, please let us know.

Thanks!