Can’t follow anyone

Hi all.

I can’t seem to follow anyone. Using the ZC app I can click the orange follow button and it goes grey. But if I access the profile of that person. But it’s back to orange as though I’m not following them.

I’ve raised a ticket. But can follow people i know to join them on rides

I checked with random people and can’t follow anyone

Please help

I’ve just followed you. Try to follow me back. I see you follow a lot of people already. There is a limit.

How many are you currently following, Zwift has capped it at 5,000.

1 Like

And that includes pending requests that haven’t been accepted yet. So if you follow 4900 people but have 101 pending requests from private accounts you will still be over 5000.

2 Likes

Hi. I have unfollowed a lot of people and got it down below 5000 but still can’t follow. I will keep a going in case there are pending ones. But surely not. And still can’t follow

Ben

Hi. I have unfollowed a lot of people and got it down below 5000 but still can’t follow. I will keep a going in case there are pending ones. But surely not. And still can’t follow your account

Most ppl in your situation have had a few hundred pending.

No longer able to follow people on Zwift Companion. Even new people following me. It won’t let me follow them. I’ve submitted to Zwift twice. But no response.

Did you update the app recently?

Zwift has a 5,000 follow cap.

I have the same problem - my followers on the Zwift Companion app disappera when I start riding. Worse, zwift support is useless - I have been going back and forth for a month and now they simplyt dont respond to me. when they did respond it would be a response to an unrelated questions, such as “is my trainer calibrated” this has been going on for weeks.
Hello TrainerRoad

I’m following 2500 people and the Zwit companion app won’t let me follow anyone else. It’s REALLY ANNOYING.

1 Like

IIRC the cap applies to the number of followers you have plus pending invites. I.e. if you were following 4,000 people and had 1,000 pending friend requests (people who just ignored them or haven’t accepted them yet) you’ve hit the cap Zwift has.

Is it possible you have 2,500 pending friend requests?

1 Like

I am following a large number of riders. Recently, I have been unable to follow any more, unless I unfollow some first.

Is there a maximum I can follow? If so, why?

Also, is the max on followers the same?

Yes the limit is 5000

see: Can't follow more than 5000 friends - #15

1 Like

I see we are following each other this past week, your grey icon shows me following you and vice versa, but you do not appear in my following list and I can’t add you because it would unfollow,… This is the opposite for me as I am FAR from maxing out my following list.

I ended up having to “clean out” my following list. So I "starred"everyone who is following me and then removed all the folks I was following who weren’t also following me. So now I can follow people again. If you are following me, then I will (if not already) be sending your a request to follow you.