Calibrate Spindown

After three weeks I decided to do a quick calibration of my Tacx flux 2 smart on Tacx app. It worked well.

I tried few times to do the same on Zwift app. Unfortunately, I received “Calibration time has expired ! Failed”.
What can I do to solve this problem quickly ?

Have a good day,
David

I don’t think the Zwift spin down is working currently, there was a few discussions about it a few weeks ago. Your spin down on the Tacx app should be fine.

1 Like

As @Paul_Bonham said, use the Tacx app it does the Same thing, calibration get saved on the trainer.

Hello @Gerrie_Delport / @Paul_Bonham - do you mean calibration on the Taxc app or the Tacx Utility App?

I believe they both have a calibration option.

2 Likes

@Paul_Allen, they both have the option, so calibration/spin down works the same with both?

2 Likes

Yes both of them should give you the same result.

2 Likes

Likewise finally tried the Calibrate Spindown feature. Spun between 37 and 39 kph for 18 minutes—which I confess is an effort for me—and nothing was happening. Finally had to give up. More info would help. Must I maintain exactly 37 kph the whole time? How will I know if anything is registering? How long is it supposed to take? What will the result be if it does actually move beyond step 3?

2 Likes

Jaime, the Zwift spindown isn’t working at the moment. Use your manufacturers app to calibrate your trainer.

2 Likes

Thanks. I figured that might be the case and have used the manufacturer’s app instead.

Hi

Any updates on this topic? Has Zwift managed to make the calibration process work again ?

Cheers
Pawel

i’m using Garmin V3 pedals for power readings, with my Kinetic R&R control, is there any need to do a spin down test?
( does this effect the workout power requests sent to the trainer resistance from zwift or are those requests just “up or down a bit” L

What’s meant to happen is you hit 37 km/h and it immediately tells you to stop pedalling.

No. Use your power meters zero offset function (basically what the spindown does on a trainer).

Assuming you warmed up for 5-10 minutes? What you say suggests the spindown didn’t work correctly. Use the wahoo app to calibrate instead.

Hello I have exactly the same problem have been trying the las 2 weeks and always got stock in step 3,

tomorrow I will try with the tacx app and let you know

Any update on this? It seems to have been a problem a few months ago.

I am using a Wahoo Kickr Snap. I actually managed to use the Zwift Spindown Calibration once successfully - I think it was with the Snap connected directly to the Apple TV.

Now I use the companion app because I have three bluetooth devices - all are connected to the companion app and then the companion app connects to the Apple TV Zwift app.

The issue now is that the calibration never finishes - the on screen speed display stops at a variable low speed (last time it was 4km/hr) and the calibration never completes as a result. This is despite the wheel being completely stationary.

I am using the Wahoo app, but it is a bit of a pain to have to swap apps, deal with bluetooth disconnection and reconnection twice etc…

Cross post as there are several threads on this topic:

I suspect it might have something to do with incorrect instructions for metric vs imperial - can others confirm?

• I tried several times with my Tacx Flux and indeed got stuck eternally cycling at 37 km/h.

• twice I accelerated to ~50 km/h and then I got the instruction to spin down.

• last time I set Zwift to imperial units. It told me to cycle at (I think - please confirm) 30 mph (=48 km/h). Worked.

So it might be as easy as accelerating to 48 km/h until Zwift fixes this bug or USA switches to metric, whichever comes first :joy:

Sorry for not remembering the exact numbers but forgot to post this right after I did it.

2 Likes

You may have hit the nail on the head. When calibrating on elite for my trainer I was going a lot faster to hit 37kmh and it’s spin down worked fine. I may try your suggestion.

Tried it and Zwift spin down calibration works when you ride a lot faster. (59kph).